Kirbans

How come I don't see a listing for Kirbans on the home (vendor) page. I emailed them the other day to see if some items were in stock but never got a response back.

How come I don't see a listing for Kirbans on the home (vendor) page. I emailed them the other day to see if some items were in stock but never got a response back.
-----------------------------
Kirban's is not a supporting vendor of TB.com. Calling them would probably bring quicker results than E-mail, but I am sure that they will reply. If it is something that some of the TB.com supporting vendors show in their on-line catalogue(s), I am sure that they will E-amil you back. I have had price check & shipping info responses returned from Brian @ GBodyParts & Russ Merritt @ Merritt Performance in a matter of minutes. You can also look at the lower section of the TB.com menu where current active users are listed and see if they are logged on the site at the time of your inquiry.

Do yourself a favor and buy the parts from a supporting vendor, Kirban's a prick anyway.

You can call them or Pete Hoffman is on this board as well.

If all else fails we have an account with Kirbans & we can get the parts for you as well.

I have had a few Canadian customers order our parts & Kirbans at the same time & we have them ship the parts here & combine shipping.
Shipping from Kirban's to us is usually 1 day.

Buy the parts from a supporting member. kirban seems arrogent and overpriced. I bought a few parts from them years ago but stopped after I placed an order for something that was not that expensive. The lady {I think his wife} tried to push a sale for their news letter and when I declined she got kind of crabby and never sent what I had originally ordered.:rolleyes: I was working on a lot of these car back then so they really shot themselves in the foot.

I am looking for the passenger side valve cover filter kit that removes the breather tube from the v/c to the turbo. #1580
Chrome egr cover #1553
Chrome overlfow jug cap #1558
Chrome p/s resevoir cap #1556
Turbo 6 license plate screw caps #7016
Any suggestions.

It's your call on where you spend your $$ but I've been dealing with Kirbans since 1989 with no problems.Most of his items are priced the same as any other Buick vendor.

Do yourself a favor and buy the parts from a supporting vendor, Kirban's a prick anyway.
-----------------------------
I have dealt with Dennis Kirban and Kirban Performance for several years, and although I prefer to support the TB.com supporting vendors/suppliers when all else is equal, I don't feel that Dennis Kirban deserves any name calling or derogatory remarks. And fwiw, I might have found Dennis a little opinionated on occasion, I never found him arrogant.

195460 pm sent...we will be a supporting vendor within a few weeks....

Pete
Kirbans

That will be great, Pete, that means that I can now order parts from you guys with a clear conscience.

You Should Apologize "turbosam6"!!!!

''turbosam", I must say that I completely disagree with you...I've bought some stuff from him on several occasions and not only his parts were always top-notch in quality, Dennis Kirban himself is a very good guy and even though it is his decision not to be a supporting vendor on this site, he still does not deserve to be treated the way you do! If I were you, I would apologize to him for calling him a pr**k! :(

Claude :rolleyes:

Mr. Kirbain has contacted me about becoming a vendor, he may he may not. I don't know. That is irrelevant when a post like this is made.

Regardless of that, I feel Mr. Kirbain has been in this business a long time and has done alot for the TR world. I have bought parts from them in the past and had no problem.

Everybody is not going to get along, that is a fantasy. However please don't insult anyone on TurboBuick.com. If you have negative feedback for someone please do it in the proper forum and under the proper guidelines.

BTW, THANKS for you guys sticking up and supporting the Vendors that give back to our community. That is what keeps them paying the bills around here. I too only buy parts from supporting vendors. Not out of dislike for others but to show appreciation for their support here!

Thanks!

I agree with Wells, Kirban has treated me and the people I buy parts for them thru them great,.

Ron

I think it is important to remember that Dennis field a lot of brain picking calls per day, sometimes he deals with them, and sometimes he doesn't.

He called about my old T when I was selling it, and out of the blue without him saying who who it was I just said, "Dennis, this car is not for you, it's in rough shape." He chuckled and asked if I knew who he was. We talked for a little while and when I got off the phone my wife said, "you really don't want to sell that car do you?" LOL

BS. I won't apologize, in fact "prick" is sugar coating it.

He treated me like **** for no reason, so I hold a negative opinion of him and his business.

Several years ago when I was about to purchase my first TR I found his name in a GMhightech magazine. I called and asked for photos of the cars they had, and they referred me to their website. OK, so I get online (wasn't computer savvy at all back then, not that I am now) and find his website. I order his book, and get some back issues of his newsletter. I find a car on his site that I like, so I call him up (first time I ever spoke to him) and ask him if the car was still available. I tell him I would very much like to purchase the car, and also take advantage of his 10% (I think) discount on parts purchased at the time of the automobile purchase. Kirbans is about 10 hours or more away, the only way I could buy the car was to drive over and get there by Saturday A.M. Now, in his book he comes off as such a good guy, picking people up at the airport, taking them to dinner, etc. But I am informed they are closed on Saturday. So I ask him (very politely) if he could just meet us at his shop long enough to pay him, load the car, and buy the parts I had selected (spending near $10K cash). He very rudely says no, we are closed on saturday and he didn't know what I was going to do. He basically hung up, and I was really suprised. Here is this guy, supposedly a pillar of the TR community, treating me, a customer spending cash on one of his overpriced heaps of crap and some parts, like I called to sell him Amway.

OK, F him. I buy another TR locally (such a better deal anyway, thank god I didn't buy Kirbans car) and even though I didn't like the way I was treated I proceed to spend thousands of dollars with Kirban to get parts I want. I know I'm not his biggest customer, but I was a damn sight from being his smallest. So one day I get some parts and one relatively inexpensive part is defective. No biggie, I called and told them the part is bad and I had already replaced it locally but felt I was entitled to a refund. I simply asked for a store credit, as I was about to order a few hundred dollars worth of stuff on this very phone call. Once again, I am treated like sh!t, and after the girl on the phone cried (WTF!?!) because she didn't know what to do, I was issued a 50% credit on the part (apparently because I used it for 5 minutes).

I decided not to order my parts through them anymore.

Tell me why I'm wrong for calling him a prick?

And before anyone says its me, the members here who actually know me will tell you I'm honest, respectful, and not afraid to spend $$$ on what I want. I am a vendors dream, I'll spend lots of $$$ with one who will just do his damn job. Sadly, that was rare in the buick community.

BS. I won't apologize, in fact "prick" is sugar coating it.

He treated me like **** for no reason, so I hold a negative opinion of him and his business.

Several years ago when I was about to purchase my first TR I found his name in a GMhightech magazine. I called and asked for photos of the cars they had, and they referred me to their website. OK, so I get online (wasn't computer savvy at all back then, not that I am now) and find his website. I order his book, and get some back issues of his newsletter. I find a car on his site that I like, so I call him up (first time I ever spoke to him) and ask him if the car was still available. I tell him I would very much like to purchase the car, and also take advantage of his 10% (I think) discount on parts purchased at the time of the automobile purchase. Kirbans is about 10 hours or more away, the only way I could buy the car was to drive over and get there by Saturday A.M. Now, in his book he comes off as such a good guy, picking people up at the airport, taking them to dinner, etc. But I am informed they are closed on Saturday. So I ask him (very politely) if he could just meet us at his shop long enough to pay him, load the car, and buy the parts I had selected (spending near $10K cash). He very rudely says no, we are closed on saturday and he didn't know what I was going to do. He basically hung up, and I was really suprised. Here is this guy, supposedly a pillar of the TR community, treating me, a customer spending cash on one of his overpriced heaps of crap and some parts, like I called to sell him Amway.

OK, F him. I buy another TR locally (such a better deal anyway, thank god I didn't buy Kirbans car) and even though I didn't like the way I was treated I proceed to spend thousands of dollars with Kirban to get parts I want. I know I'm not his biggest customer, but I was a damn sight from being his smallest. So one day I get some parts and one relatively inexpensive part is defective. No biggie, I called and told them the part is bad and I had already replaced it locally but felt I was entitled to a refund. I simply asked for a store credit, as I was about to order a few hundred dollars worth of stuff on this very phone call. Once again, I am treated like sh!t, and after the girl on the phone cried (WTF!?!) because she didn't know what to do, I was issued a 50% credit on the part (apparently because I used it for 5 minutes).

I decided not to order my parts through them anymore.

Tell me why I'm wrong for calling him a prick?

And before anyone says its me, the members here who actually know me will tell you I'm honest, respectful, and not afraid to spend $$$ on what I want. I am a vendors dream, I'll spend lots of $$$ with one who will just do his damn job. Sadly, that was rare in the buick community.
i guess point being,when they say closed on saturday that means they are CLOSED on saturday and if a part goes bad or was bad it must be exchanged threw him,not too demanding?i dont know him at all,but sometimes owners need time with the family no matter the amount someone wants to spend,i know the feeling...and if someone kept bugging me after i told them no,id probably hang up on them....jmo

i guess point being,when they say closed on saturday that means they are CLOSED on saturday and if a part goes bad or was bad it must be exchanged threw him,not too demanding?i dont know him at all,but sometimes owners need time with the family no matter the amount someone wants to spend,i know the feeling...and if someone kept bugging me after i told them no,id probably hang up on them....jmo

>>>> Ding,Ding,Ding, We have a winner...Well said...

Man this started a bad topic huh? They did email me back. I will order the parts through them also.
Why is it that when someone talks crap about another person everybody has to chime in. Aren't we all entitle to our own opinions???
They say 90% of good customer service is rarely spoken of and 10% of bad customer service is always spoken of. That's life.........