Kirbans, what is the problem?

george harris

I ordered a part at the beginning of July. I was told it would be ground, I waited a week and half for it to arrive. So finally I call and the lady tells me I will call you back and let you know the status. You guessed it no one called. I called the next day and talked to the same lady, she remembered that she did not call me. So any way I receive a tracking number and turns out it was not even at the post office yet. So since it was not sent by ground they will try two day air. I get a tracking number and wait on the package, turns out it was last scanned in PA. I still have not received my item. I will not use them again, before I ordered I read a post on their customer service on the forum. I guess shame on me for not believing......

UPS Lost the package George. They lost the package on Friday July 13th. You knew they lost it.

Pete
Kirbans

I am not going to argue and I have no reason to lie. I was giving a tracking number by your staff on Friday. If I knew it was lost why would I have your staff put a trace on it today. I have no reason to bash your business, you should take this as a means to improve on your business, not to try and call me a liar.

Package was shipped UPS not through the Post Office and you called Christina 10 minutes before you Posted on this forum to notify her that it was lost. Lost in Philly on Friday July 13th.

I have owned my GN ever since late 80's n have bought parts from Kirban's the last 20+ years even tho i am not a big time spender nor have a deep pocket to burn but whatever i have bought in the past never once had any problems with them these are good honest people always been very helpful ,we ought to be thankful they are still around in business to provide us parts , i have seen vendors came n gone that i have dealt with before such as BGC Turbo Tune AVC Eastern Performance ESP Poston Quality engineer ATR........i mean the list goes on they were all once pretty big time vendors but been long gone since, also would like to say a big THANKS to the Kirban's you are doing a great job :)

We appreciate the kind words.....as most people realize us and as does most other companies we all do our best. Unfortunately UPS "lost" the package on the very first day it was in transit. This goes unoticed til someone tracks it.
Unfortunately, UPS is not perfect , nor is Kirban Performance. If you examine the date time of the original posting it fell at the end of a week that had a holiday in the middle of that week. I know some companies we deal with where shut down most of that week.

We been in the automotive mail order business since the mid 1970s. We are constantly bringing out new products many of which we wholesale to other companies. Again we do our best, and unfortunately, we are not perfect.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

I am not going to argue and I have no reason to lie. I was giving a tracking number by your staff on Friday. If I knew it was lost why would I have your staff put a trace on it today. I have no reason to bash your business, you should take this as a means to improve on your business, not to try and call me a liar.

Hey George...welcome to a community of Buick owners, of which, Dennis Kirban has helped keep together for the past 25 year. Joining this forum, just to jump on a vendor will not get you far, if you ever need help in the future. Every vendor on this sight tries very hard to meet the highest standards. They are NOT Summit Racing and most build the parts and ship them themselves. If the part was lost...doesnt sound like a Kirban issue, and the part CAN'T be at the post office...if it were sent UPS.
I will say this though, as I really try to be fair to everyone. I have called to check on items, and the lady that answers the phone...hardly ever calls back. This is true.

Coach

We appreciate the comments.....as for the person not calling back sometimes Christina is overwhelmed but she is always courteous and has been with our company 12 years now (actually an eternity!) Keep in mind although Turbo Buicks is our main retail focus she also handles our wholesale lines for many of the major Mustang and Corvette companies such as American Muscle, CJ Pony, Nationals Parts, Year One, Callaway Corvettes, Ecklers, just to name a few.

Denniskirban@yahoo.com

I've bought many parts from Kirbans and never had a problem. Christina and Pete have both called me back in the past. I think they do great work. Steve

We appreciate the comments.....as for the person not calling back sometimes Christina is overwhelmed but she is always courteous and has been with our company 12 years now (actually an eternity!) Keep in mind although Turbo Buicks is our main retail focus she also handles our wholesale lines for many of the major Mustang and Corvette companies such as American Muscle, CJ Pony, Nationals Parts, Year One, Callaway Corvettes, Ecklers, just to name a few.

Denniskirban@yahoo.com

Please Dennis, dont think I am picking. I simply made the statement that she doesnt, just to let the OP know he is not on an island in all regards, but most of his post was unnecessary at this point. People get busy, and I have never had an issue with no call back. I simply call back myself. I see no big deal. Its not like he is going to ripped off.
Im still a Kirban customer.

I've been dealing with Kirbans' for years and can only say that they are one of the best "Buick" vendors we have around. As our cars are now 25 years out of production, finding a reliable source of parts for them is a blessing. We are lucky to have them around. Dennis, Pete & Christina do a great job and have always got my orders out on time . Never had any issues that was not resolved with a phone call......communication is key. Of course we are all human, so delays sometimes happen inevitably.

As a point of interest, I have also had UPS lose orders on me! Can't blame any vendor on that.

Just my 2 cents.

dave

My experience with Kirbans hasn't been the best either. I tried to place an order on the website, but the website wan's allowing it. I then emailed them the part numbers I tried to order and left all my info except for the credit card number. I left my phone number for them to call me for the credit card number to finish the order. 3 days later and still didn't hear from them so I called in and placed the order. My order showed up not too long after that, but missing an item. I again called and they said it was on back order and should be a couple more days. It would have been nice if someone told me that. Either a phone call or a little message in the box. 3 weeks later I had to call for a third time to ask if they ever got it in. They said it was in stock and I should have gotten it. Hopefully this time it is coming. I understand mistakes happen, but that was 4 problems with one order.

NEVER ANY PROBLEMS HERE!NOT ONLY GREAT SERVICE, BUT ALSO GREAT INFORMATION AND ADVISE..HARD TO PLEASE EVERYONE THOUGH.. SORRY FOR YOUR BAD EXPERIENCE WITH "UPS"

I bought my car new and have always had GREAT service from Kirban's. Dennis and his staff are top notch and do and have done a lot for our turbo Buick community. Paul

I only have had 1 purchase from Kirbans and it was on ebay for a set of gnx repro centercaps. The center caps had plain jane gnx stickers applied over a trans am emblem which would not have been a problem except that the gnx stickers were all crooked and had air bubbles in them. I contacted kirbans and was told something along the lines of it is what it is. I figured if they cant a small thing like that correct i dont need to order anything else from them.

If you know that the package was lost in transit how is that Kirbans fault?

No business is perfect and as it gets bigger the harder it is to please everybody.

As for the "not returned" phone call, unfortunately, i'm guessing, you are not the only person that was expecting a call back that day and some times it takes a couple of days to figure things out.

You jumped the gun on this one.

D

My experience with Kirbans hasn't been the best either. I tried to place an order on the website, but the website wan's allowing it. I then emailed them the part numbers I tried to order and left all my info except for the credit card number. I left my phone number for them to call me for the credit card number to finish the order. 3 days later and still didn't hear from them so I called in and placed the order. My order showed up not too long after that, but missing an item. I again called and they said it was on back order and should be a couple more days. It would have been nice if someone told me that. Either a phone call or a little message in the box. 3 weeks later I had to call for a third time to ask if they ever got it in. They said it was in stock and I should have gotten it. Hopefully this time it is coming. I understand mistakes happen, but that was 4 problems with one order.

I only have had 1 purchase from Kirbans and it was on ebay for a set of gnx repro centercaps. The center caps had plain jane gnx stickers applied over a trans am emblem which would not have been a problem except that the gnx stickers were all crooked and had air bubbles in them. I contacted kirbans and was told something along the lines of it is what it is. I figured if they cant a small thing like that correct i dont need to order anything else from them.

haters gonna hate.jpg

I'n not a hater. In fact I will most likely order from Kirban's again. Businesses need feedback though to ensure their customers are happy. By providing feedback hopefully my next order will go a little better and not a little worse. And by providing feedback such as their website not working properly they can rectify a situation that is most certainly costing them money.