Kirban mini starter

Jseverin

My starter took a dump and I'm deciding if I should run to NAPA or buy the mini starter off of the Krban website. Looks like a lot of dudes switch to the mini starter over the stock one, is it really worth it?

I got one a couple years ago max,it lasted until a couple weeks ago.It never seemed to spin the motor over as fast as one of the HUGE BIG ones that are stock.
Put an autozone one in and it spins normal again.Not sure if it was a kirban one,but was from one of our vendors.Let me know if the one you ordered spins as fast as stock type?

I got one a couple years ago max,it lasted until a couple weeks ago.It never seemed to spin the motor over as fast as one of the HUGE BIG ones that are stock.
Put an autozone one in and it spins normal again.Not sure if it was a kirban one,but was from one of our vendors.Let me know if the one you ordered spins as fast as stock type?
Will do, the consensus seemed to be more cranking power out of these bad boys. I'll just be happy not to have to whack the thing with a wrench to get the car to start.

Get a starter for a 96 Vette from your local supplier. Spins much faster than stock and is much smaller

Bryan

If you ordered this one in the link below you will be happy with it. I have one and it's been working great for about 4 years,turns the engine over like it doesn't have spark plugs in it. lol

But make sure the battery,positive and negative cables,terminals are in good condition, clean and tight to take full advantage of the added cranking power of the starter and it will serve you well.

http://www.dbelectrical.com/p-10547...-jeep-mini-starter-long-short-mt-sdr0059.aspx

If you ordered this one in the link below you will be happy with it. I have one and it's been working great for about 4 years,turns the engine over like it doesn't have spark plugs in it. lol

But make sure the battery,positive and negative cables,terminals are in good condition, clean and tight to take full advantage of the added cranking power of the starter and it will serve you well.

http://www.dbelectrical.com/p-10547...-jeep-mini-starter-long-short-mt-sdr0059.aspx
Ordered it off of Kirban but then got this link from several of you guys and realized it is over $50 cheaper and a pound lighter than the Kirban one, so I cancelled my Kirban order and got the DB electrical one instead.I have had good luck with all of my Kirban stuff but I can't turn down a bargain that seems to be backed by other Buick guys.

Get a starter for a 96 Vette from your local supplier. Spins much faster than stock and is much smaller

Bryan

Gotta agree there. Mine spins my mill over nicely. It helps to have a new Diehard Gold in there,too. New starter,new battery,all clean connections and your good to go for years.

Check out the end of my sig.

Starter gets here Monday.... Looks like an easy job. My vacuum brake conversion kit got here today and that doesn't look as easy as I thought :eek:! Hopefully the instructions from gnttype.org are good and I can coerce a mechanically inclined bro at work to help in exchange for some brews.

Don't sweat the brake conversion. Take out the seat and stock up on a few cuss words and you'll do fine. Oh yeah, shrink your hands a smidge too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't sweat the brake conversion. Take out the seat and stock up on a few cuss words and you'll do fine. Oh yeah, shrink your hands a smidge too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, dude, got up underneath the dash to take a look last night and it was tight! I'm not even a very big dude so I can't imagine how bad it is for bigger guys. Also have a ton of wires in the way that I think go to the alarm system the previous owner installed. I just keep thinking about how good the car will stop with the new system. The power master has definatly given me some butt pucker moments since I bought this thing.

Bryan

This ^^^^^

Gotta agree there. Mine spins my mill over nicely. It helps to have a new Diehard Gold in there,too. New starter,new battery,all clean connections and your good to go for years.

Check out the end of my sig.

This ^^^^^

Super pleased with my 96 Corvette starter sourced from NAPA

Got mine from GM but anyway ^^^^^

The '96 Vettte (LT1) starter is much smaller than the DB one. The starter MUST be from a Vette. The Vette got a compact gear reduction starter. Oh yea, it weighs around 8-10lbs.

41GdZbDLUBL._SY300_.jpg

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Ordered it off of Kirban but then got this link from several of you guys and realized it is over $50 cheaper and a pound lighter than the Kirban one, so I cancelled my Kirban order and got the DB electrical one instead.I have had good luck with all of my Kirban stuff but I can't turn down a bargain that seems to be backed by other Buick guys.
The Kirban starter has steel gears. I don't think the one you ordered does. You need to find out. The plastic gears will be the thing that leaves you stranded.

It uses gears to create more torque. When we do this,we give up speed. The slower speed is the other result of gear reduction that no one talks about. Of course,the sales brochure doesn't mention this.