Killed my gn lastnight-need a motor

I only work when I feel like it now.. This is what ya do at my age. Cooler today an had the Mazda out !! Trans is slipping a little and I have a strange noise in the motor that Ill try an fix later.

Well i came to the decision in selling my car. Call me a nut call me whatever im stocking up on ammo and beefing my truck up. The end is near I can see it and what is the car going to do for me? Nothing. If anyones interested in it pm me. Will not part out.

Oh joy, a 130k hot air with a crap engine for only $8k. I'm running to the bank right now!

Dan you scared him to death.

Dammm.. I just spent over $35 to gas it up. Was waiting patiently :( Maybe his built up truck will go just as fast as the HA car ...ummmm hellll.. should hit over 160 if he is building it up.

you guys just tore this guy in half...

maybe he just wanted a little attention... seem cool enough to hang out with the "guys" ya know... and so was bird chesting a bit to fit in with the rest of the tough guys...

that just kinda crossed my mind... I had a little kid on a tiny dirt bike today tell me he could ride his bike at 100mph today... i was being told this while i let him use the air compressor for his half flat tire... i proceeded to tell him about real speed vs felt speed... my wife smacked me and said to be nice... he just is looking to make friends.... and kids do this when there looking to fit in... just a thought...

you guys just tore this guy in half...

maybe he just wanted a little attention... seem cool enough to hang out with the "guys" ya know... and so was bird chesting a bit to fit in with the rest of the tough guys...

that just kinda crossed my mind... I had a little kid on a tiny dirt bike today tell me he could ride his bike at 100mph today... i was being told this while i let him use the air compressor for his half flat tire... i proceeded to tell him about real speed vs felt speed... my wife smacked me and said to be nice... he just is looking to make friends.... and kids do this when there looking to fit in... just a thought...

I usually do but just couldn't see a HA car goin 140 down the highway up here. Thats really pushing the BS meter to the max. I see cars at the track with 600+hp running in the 13's @ 90 mph.. There favorite quote is I just spun the tires the whole 1/4 mile. Then I just agree with them an chuckle. Well doesn't matter now. He is doin his truck. Hope he has better luck with that then the HA car !!

Could you race him for his ammo?
My first time down the track with my T I spun the whole track. I tried to launch my single track like I did my old T/A. That one 215/65 Mastercraft just lit up and I keep in it all the way. Ran something like a 18.5. Learned from that...

I usually do but just couldn't see a HA car goin 140 down the highway up here. Thats really pushing the BS meter to the max. I see cars at the track with 600+hp running in the 13's @ 90 mph.. There favorite quote is I just spun the tires the whole 1/4 mile. Then I just agree with them an chuckle. Well doesn't matter now. He is doin his truck. Hope he has better luck with that then the HA car !!

I didnt go a 1/4 mile. I was booting probably 5 or 6.... plus how do you know whats done to my car? I sure as hell don't.

It
And the REAL reason for the blowed up motivator in the hot air car finally comes out! :eek::p:D

It blew up because I cooked the motor. But what would it matter what I say because someone will just have some smartass remark. Because I'm not a 40 year old man who knows everything about gns which is why I originally ever posted on here. But instead everyones found it easier to shoot me down rather then helping someone out. So with that said I could really careless what anyone has to say thata negative. You must get great pleasure over the computer. If you dont know what someone has how can you say it won't do what I said it DID or what it will do. Answer that one for me GRUMPY?

It

It blew up because I cooked the motor. But what would it matter what I say because someone will just have some smartass remark. Because I'm not a 40 year old man who knows everything about gns which is why I originally ever posted on here. But instead everyones found it easier to shoot me down rather then helping someone out. So with that said I could really careless what anyone has to say thata negative. You must get great pleasure over the computer. If you dont know what someone has how can you say it won't do what I said it DID or what it will do. Answer that one for me GRUMPY?

images

The answer to your last question is pretty simple.

Experience.

Get some.

There are so many people here that are willing to help others with issues just like you experienced, and they can be especially helpful to those who are new to the TR world.

However, if you go and throw down the guantlet and say your going to "rape" someone in a race (someone who has already PROVEN he is fast) because they gave you a hard time about a somewhat "bold" statement, you might want to be prepared for the fallout. Take it in stride young man. No one here meant for you to get your feelings hurt.

I'll go ahead and say it for everyone, "We're sorry."

Oh, and 40 isn't all that old, sonny. :D

Care to start over?

demo-agent-k.jpg

[quote="k10boy, post: 323291
:cool:
If you dont know what someone has how can you say it won't do what I said it DID or what it will do. Answer that one for me GRUMPY?[/quote]

Very easy......a hot air car running 16#s of boost isn't goin to go 140mph unless you drive it off a cliff. Thats the bottom line unless the ricers you were "racing" with were towing you with a rope :rolleyes: Francis ya need to calm down :D So ignore this internet crap an FIX your car !! They can be made to go very easy :cool: Well intercooled one's !!

I've been popping in on this from time to time and I agree, it's funny.:D Now what I will tell you is that these aren't normal cars, as you've noticed, and the owners are a bit hard core.;) Respect is earned on this board just like in real life, and someone that's just gotten a car that's unique and finicky doesn't quite grasp the headaches and heartaches that come with them. A HA car can make it into the 10's and it's been proven by 2 members, but the time they spent on figuring out how to do it was many years, not weeks or months.

At this time of year we see a bunch of new members that have bought a car that's pretty much stock and think that minor bolt ons or something cheap will send it into the 10's or better. It won't! If you like the car then stick around and figure out how to work on it as well as improve it, but if you're going to give up this soon then you'll be better off buying a mustank and adding nitrous to it.:p We had 1 guy a few years ago that wanted his "dream" car so he bought it, and promptly blew it up. He was in the NE around NYC if I remember right. Quite a few members up in that area and several of them offered to come help him work on it. He didn't listen to any of them unfortunately.

He pulled the engine and found someone to rebuild the it for him. The guy that did it owned a machine shop and didn't know squat about Buicks. The guy even sent the turbo out for improvements. Once the engine was installed he started it and had issues right from the start. In less than 30 minutes he needed another rebuild.o_O It also trashed the rebuilt turbo.:confused: At this point most of the people on the board gave up on him. We have no idea what happened to him now but his board name was Iliv4GNs. I'm sure if you look up some of his posts you can see why, as a group, most of us are hard on newbys.:D