killed a pesky 04 modded cobra

TURBOTERRORV6

The Street killer V6
last night at hooters,some dudes in a 04 blck cobra came up to me to see my buick.Talked to him a bit,and they said nice car "wanna run a stock cobra?" i was like "sure,but what does it really have?". one of their buddies replies in a heartbeat :biggrin: " pullied,exhaust,quad cammed" :wink: so we pulled out the parking lot,went to a secluded area for the race. I heated my nittos(so did he),and set my car in transbrake( i was just a little worried with pump gas and hi9gh boost :p . flagger set,boosted my car to 7lb @ the brake,flagger hands down,and we both launched. I quickly pulled 1 car ahead @ the hole, his car was catching up to my bumper( i can hear that loud whine :eek: ,so i picked up boost a little over 18 lb. and pulled from him @ 3 cars, :D.........I should of sprayed the little shot...... :tongue:

pontiac69fb said:
Good Kill! What did he have to say after the race?
funny thing it was; when i finally came to a slow-down,he pulled up next to me and revved his engine :confused: :rolleyes: :biggrin: :rolleyes: , he told me "nice 350ci. man! what kind of supercharger you have on that thing?!!!!" i was like,,,,,this dumb idiot :biggrin: :rolleyes: i just looked at him,smiled and told him it was just a 6 cylinder,and procedded to go,lol...................P.s i had my cutout open for my little kitty to roar!!lol

jusa6 said:
"nice 350ci. man! what kind of supercharger you have on that thing?!!!!"

You sure he knows what a GN is??? Or did he think you were a Monte SS?? :biggrin:

Jolly460 said:
You sure he knows what a GN is??? Or did he think you were a Monte SS?? :biggrin:
he probably tought i had a swapped v8 motor in my buick :confused: :biggrin: i mean when they first came up to me they told me "wow,a grand national,you don't see those around anymore,huh?" i was like "well there's a few here and there prowlling the streets" :tongue: :) the olny weird thing,he was revving his mustang after he losed :confused: :rolleyes:

Nice, and Conleys Performance is finishing my stage 2 right now as well. Good builders. Good runs man, lets get some vid's happening. :cool:

Good one.

Why waste your car with a shot when you already beat him? Unless humiliation is necessary... :eek:

Jim

DeltaT said:
Good one.

Why waste your car with a shot when you already beat him? Unless humiliation is necessary... :eek:

Jim
true indeed, that andrenaline rush was kicking in :biggrin: ,It's a little shot to cool things of(75 shot). I have been spraying my car for a good 4 years now,and it has'nt felled(yet).i tune my car constantly,and hope for the best out this 6 banger! :).Yupyour right Quint,conley's knows their TR :D they been on the game for quite few years.I know Chris since 97' and been good buds ever since......Im planning in doing a hybrid mustang coupe in the near future(after the holidays). A stage 2 block is in the works as we speak ;) with 2 hairdryers...

Good kill! Sounds like you have quite a car. What would it run in the trim you were racing that night?

:mad:
ViciousV6 said:
Good kill! Sounds like you have quite a car. What would it run in the trim you were racing that night?
i have ran best of mid 10's @ 130,so it was quite a run with the modded cobra. I familier with ford power,as i own a turbo charged 5.0 notch :biggrin: .that cobra must me running mid to low 11's with the smaller pulley,aftermarket cams,and full enhaust. As for my AFR,it does go to the rich side,as im pumping more fuel with the double pumper and boosting quite high at the same time. P.S as of last week,i spun a bearing :mad: 5 years of abuse at WOT running 10's it was bound to happen...

:mad:
ViciousV6 said:
i have ran best of mid 10's @ 130,so it was quite a run with the modded cobra. Im familier with ford power,as i own a turbo charged 5.0 notch :biggrin: .that cobra must me running mid to low 11's with the smaller pulley,aftermarket cams,and full enhaust. As for my AFR,it does go to the rich side,as im pumping more fuel with the double pumper and boosting quite high at the same time. P.S as of last week,i spun a bearing :mad: 5 years of abuse at WOT running 10's it was bound to happen...

That's a serious car you have there! Sorry to hear about the bearing. Sounds like you got quite a bit out of it before it decided to go, though. Any plans for a bigger/better shortblock to go back in it's place?

ViciousV6 said:
That's a serious car you have there! Sorry to hear about the bearing. Sounds like you got quite a bit out of it before it decided to go, though. Any plans for a bigger/better shortblock to go back in it's place?
i dont plan on going with a stage II project for the time and budget wise because of the stage II project i have going on for my other mustang coupe :D ,a built duttweiler spec 109 block is on the way.should get here after the new year holiday ;)