KaZaA users

d0n_3d

Boost is good.
is anyone else having problems downloading a "complete" song nowadays? everytime i download a song and play it...it will play the first 15 seconds or so normally and then all of a sudden it turns into a garbled mess! like taking a cd and just scratching the hell out of it...it's sounds weird...and every song i download is like that...what, are the record companies taking over and modifying ever mp3 out there now so you can't listen to it? lol

i can get on limewire and download the same songs and not get problems...songs are perfect...

I haven't had this problem...Never heard of Limewire, any good??

it's not bad...prefer to use kazaa because of the number of people who use it...but limewire is cool too...

I use Kazaa lite also and it works great for me. My roommate has had some trouble with the problem you described. I don't really know what the cause of it or the solution might be.

I had to take Kazaa Lite off my computer. I got a virus that crippled my system files. Had to format and reinstall windows. It was a worm embedded in the song ( The Scientist by Coldplay ). Norton would have caught it , but my kid turned off the virus protection because it downloads faster. LOL Be Warned.

How is a worm embedded in a song? I hope this can't be done. Was it song.mp3 or was it song.mp3.exe?

Those songs are actually shared by the riaa & other copyright/anti-piracy agencies.. pretty good way to deter the average user from downloading songs.

lp2 is right, they (Riaa) are planting screwed up files all over the place trying to discourage pirating.

Originally posted by striker_29
lp2 is right, they (Riaa) are planting screwed up files all over the place trying to discourage pirating.

Some of their booby-trapped tunes will burst an eardrum!!!

SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECH!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

After I reformatted the drive and re-installed the OS. Norton picked up the worm after I did a complete scan with updated virus definitions. I keep all my songs and important data on a seperate drive. It was the W32.Welchia.Worm. My OS is on its own. That way I do not lose my 4500 mp3. files. Like I said before, if my kid had not turned off Norton, it would have picked it up. Just an inconvenience more than anything. As far as the screwed up songs go, all of us in our family that download and listen to music have noticed a big increase in that area. If you download anything, get a good virus prevention program and DO NOT turn it off . Ever.

you guys still use kazaa? after the record companies started suing people i've all out stoped downloading music. i'll still occasionally download songs from unsigned artists and songs that are on cd's i have bought (then lost..) just because that isnt' breaking any copyright law. I know not everyoen is getting sued, only people with more than 1,000 downloads and downloading eminem, avril levegne, some other rapper, songs that you should be sued for downloading in the first place. still not something i want to take achance with.

me and al my friends have decided to just all go out and buy 1 cd each and burn 20 copies and give them to eachother, 20 cd's for the price of one, and its really hard to get caught.