What radio?

Red Regal T

I'd like to buy a new CD stereo for my GN, definitely under $300. I don't know too much about the latest in what's available. Also, what's the deal with memory sticks? Is it true they can play up to 300 songs? I usually just listen to CDs I burn, and I'm not into BOOM-BOOM-BOOM. : pain: It must fill the factory cavity like the Pioneer unit below rather than be narrow and the display must be bright and easily readable. The unit pictured is in my Turbo T and something similar would be great. Any suggestions?

I have a Pioneer in my Gn. It has the USB ports to plug in a Flash drive. I have over 2400 songs on it. It is very cool. They are all listed in folders and files that you can read and sort thru. Almost any new deck is going to give you the option of USB or ipod connections now. I like the Pioneer units myself. I feel they have some of the best processors out there. I can hear the sound quality difference.

Of course I only listen to the Sounds of Nature and love songs of the 50's.:eek:;) Mixed in with a little Ozzy and RUSH......

I have a Pioneer in my Gn. It has the USB ports to plug in a Flash drive. I have over 2400 songs on it. It is very cool. They are all listed in folders and files that you can read and sort thru. Almost any new deck is going to give you the option of USB or ipod connections now. I like the Pioneer units myself. I feel they have some of the best processors out there. I can hear the sound quality difference.

Of course I only listen to the Sounds of Nature and love songs of the 50's.:eek:;) Mixed in with a little Ozzy and RUSH......

Does the model you have use a read out bright enough to be seen in the daytime? Is the face of it the size of the opening provided in TRs, and if so, could you provide the model number or at least a photo of your installation? And, apparently, listening to sounds of the 50s and sounds of nature, it would seem you value your sense of hearing, admire actual music, unlike those addicted to various genre of jungle music or ghetto jibburish, and the bad example it promotes. Oh, and who's Ozzie, and I don't listen to the liars on mainstream talk radio or watch FOX. Lies I can do without, because brainwashed I am not.

The dispaly is bright enough to read in the daytime. The model I have is 2 years old. It was aorund $179 new. Go to crutchfield and look up Pioneer decks. Find the one under $200 and it will have all you are looking for. They also have the adaptor r plates to make it it fit in the opening of the regal. Looks good.

By the way its Ozzy Osbourne..not Ozzie. And RUSH is the metal band not Limbaugh..although I liesten to him everyday also. I need my lies broadcast in 6 channel Rockford Fosgate style.:)

Thanks for your help. I'll see what I can find. If lies are what you're looking for, mostly lies by ommission, Rush is your man. He's been bought by the all around, world class, liars. The ones that control the media, the FED, and the US Government. :D

Can't go wrong with anything Alpine, Kenwood, or Pioneer. I am personally a Kenwood person and lead a friend to one of their head units not too long ago - it has a USB port right in front of the device which makes for easy plug-in and use. It is one of their lower-end models, so it is inexpensive and if you do not consider yourself to be an audiophile of any sort it is a great option. (Many Kenwood units have this option)

It is also not bad to buy a model that is a few years old, either. My favorite head-unit was a Kenwood Excelon 900-series that I purchased on eBay...it was about 2 years old and I got it for $180 compared to the original MSRP of $300+. I also built a complete system for a good friend last year and picked out a Kenwood 25th Anniversary flip-out for him (from 2005, I believe). Even though it is "old" it has immense amounts of capabilities and was had for a fraction of the original cost.

Thanks for your help. I'll see what I can find. If lies are what you're looking for, mostly lies by ommission, Rush is your man. He's been bought by the all around, world class, liars. The ones that control the media, the FED, and the US Government. :D

Glad to help you out on radio advice/selection. I will not get into a political discussion on this Audio forum. I'm out....

Pioneer has definitely come a long way. Back 13 years ago they're sound quality was so-so and they only came with .5 volt RCA preouts; now I believe almost all Pioneers come with built in EQ's and the RCA's now I think are pushing 2V or so.

I've actually got a Pioneer 3000IB for sale in the for sale forum...you say you want something under $300....mine's less than $100! :eek: It doesn't have the front USB port but it is a year old with minimal use, and it has the AUX port on the front for an iPod plus it also has a rear port for an iPod...so it's iPod ready. ;) It also has the disc changer controls and remote...real nice. I'm only selling because I decided I wanted a 1.5 din radio for my car that has a built in alarm, also made by Pioneer. :cool: Sadly I don't think they make 1.5 din radios anymore. :(

Alpine is also another good brand as is Kenwood, though I wasn't impressed with my last Kenwoods bass sound. It might be ok for you, just I was driving some subs and it just didn't sound right to me.

As for the USB stick...I don't know how many songs one can hold, I think it depends on how many gigs it is...FWIW my old Ipod is an 8 gig and so is one of my USB's...I think I had around 1000 songs on the 8 gig before it was maxed out, I can't remember.

I don't like the idea they don't make a radio with a larger face, like the one I have. It doesn't interest me to have a narrow radio with filler. I might as well keep the one I have in my GN. I wanted to upgrade cosmetics wise, although I like the idea of being able to play saved music on a device larger than a CD. After all, there's absolutely nothing on the radio worth listening to. Thankyou for sharing your knowledge on these sets.

Glad to help you out on radio advice/selection. I will not get into a political discussion on this Audio forum. I'm out....

Don't go away all mad. After all, I've been gagged by the administration here. I'm not allowed on the political forum because, they, like you, don't want to discuss politics unless it agrees with their take on it. I'm informed and they don't want to be.

Just hit the ignore button on Red Regal like I did Ed... his mindless BS goes away :biggrin: Oh yeah and his tin foil hats do too :eek:

Speaking of mr. mindless himself, you couldn't add anything to any poltical discussion or any other discussion for that matter. Is this your way of ignoring me, by attacking me? Ya dope! Please see my link below. Tin foil hat, huh? :rolleyes: