Kalifornia looks to ban black cars...

Can't we just put California on Ebay and sell it to the highest bidder and be done with it?? We only need 49 states..........:D

Ken

I'll add that to the many reasons I don't like going to California

I really loved living in SoCal but they are really nutty about everything. Might as well just give the whole state back to Mexico.

Truely idiotic, just like all those chemicals that cause cancer "only" in Kalifornia. :rolleyes:

I bet it don't get too far in Oakland and L.A., a bit racist one would think. :biggrin:

Maybe some of the koolaid drinkers will revolt against it. :p

What I don't understand is how they can ignore physics when they come up with some stupid idea about carbon footprints and such.

If you put a car of every color out in the sun on a hot summer day they will all heat up inside to about 135-140 degrees. After that the heat gain equals the heat loss and they stabilize. The color has very little to do with the heat gain other than it may effect the speed it gains heat a little bit. Tinted windows have no effect on the ultimate heat gain of a parked car as it will reach its maximum until gain equals loss. They will slow it down but no prevent it.

If you really want to control heat gain when the car is running and the A/C is on tint the windows and stop the UV rays from coming in. UV rays pass through glass and hit an object and reflect as infared rays which you feel as heat gain.

But lets not confuse issues with the facts.

Mikey

I love the weather, beaches etc. but the political bull sucks donkey balls. :mad: I hope this doesn't go through. fawk! I don't think they could ban a car like the GN that only came in black. :confused:

The only thing i like about California is the weather. Everything else is a bunch of BS! Ban black cars. Good idea:rolleyes:

Mankind will never be safe until the scourge of the black car is totally eradicated from the face of the Earth.

[Insert pic of some temperance movement protest about here]

:rolleyes:

The reasoning behind it makes sense (interior temperature in a hot climate) but it should be left up to the consumer.

The reasoning behind it makes sense (interior temperature in a hot climate) but it should be left up to the consumer.

Welcome to America "The land of the Free, as long as you on't want to buy a new black car, or one form Ohio and register it in California".

I am always confused with CARB. I cannot believe people get paid to be on this board. Example: Car has 50 state emeission label on the window sticker, but it is not approved for California. Why in the hell do they focus so much on the auto industry.

The USA has the most advanced cars in the world. We have reduced emissions to a level that several think was impossible. Now get off the money loosing auto manufacturers back and go focus on something elese.

They need to rederict their efforts somewhere else. The saddest thing is, that CARB actually doesn't think this is a ridiculous request. What a bunch of ignorant people they must be.