Just ordered 90/10's and 50/50's

Mikel

What kind of short times are people pulling with drag launch shocks and sticky tires?

How do you know you need 90/10's and 50/50's? I have the three-way adjustable fronts and rear so I can change settings. You are as good as your tire I guess;)

Originally posted by Mikel
What kind of short times are people pulling with drag launch shocks and sticky tires?

What kind of times you pulling, now? On a properly prepped track I personally have gone mid 1.6's on drag radials with 600lb lowering springs, bound up poly bushings, bilsteins and the front swaybar hooked up.

Because someone pulling 1.4 second 60fts uses drag shocks doesn't mean bolting them on a car that pulls 2.0 60fts will improve its 60fts one bit. If you trailer the car to the track drag shocks might work for you. If you drive the car on the street, they can make a good handling car handle poorly.

Re: Re: Just ordered 90/10's and 50/50's

Originally posted by UNGN

What kind of times you pulling, now? On a properly prepped track I personally have gone mid 1.6's on drag radials with 600lb lowering springs, bound up poly bushings, bilsteins and the front swaybar hooked up.

Because someone pulling 1.4 second 60fts uses drag shocks doesn't mean bolting them on a car that pulls 2.0 60fts will improve its 60fts one bit. If you trailer the car to the track drag shocks might work for you. If you drive the car on the street, they can make a good handling car handle poorly.

The only time I ran it was on street tires with stock suspension, 2.0 60ft. I will get back to the track as soon I get the car out. I dropped the front sway bar, and I am moving the battery to the trunk. I care nothing about handling, it's a drag car :D

Originally posted by Mikel
I can't give any times yet because the car has not been to the track. Here is what I did to my car this past weekend. I installed 90/10's up front, HR Parts and Stuff Lower control arms and took the front swaybar OFF. I left the Bilsteins on the back. I can tell absolutely no difference in handling. I love it. I was worried about how the car would drive with the front bar gone but that worry is gone. I also have 235/60/15 tires all the way around. Car drives fine and the front end lifts up alot easier now. IMO the front bar should go. You'll be surprised how heavy that thing is. I know I was. Its just dead weight that serves no purpose. Of course if you don't like the way the car handles with it removed just put it back on. Won't know till you try it. Just my 2cents. Good Luck.

Re: Re: Just ordered 90/10's and 50/50's

Originally posted by Famlycar
I can't give any times yet because the car has not been to the track. Here is what I did to my car this past weekend. I installed 90/10's up front, HR Parts and Stuff Lower control arms and took the front swaybar OFF. I left the Bilsteins on the back. I can tell absolutely no difference in handling. I love it. I was worried about how the car would drive with the front bar gone but that worry is gone. I also have 235/60/15 tires all the way around. Car drives fine and the front end lifts up alot easier now. IMO the front bar should go. You'll be surprised how heavy that thing is. I know I was. Its just dead weight that serves no purpose. Of course if you don't like the way the car handles with it removed just put it back on. Won't know till you try it. Just my 2cents. Good Luck.

Yeah, the front sway bar was one of the first things to go after I made a baseline pass. :)