Just Installed Billet Journal 6265

View attachment 69188

Darkcyde: You shop better than I do.:biggrin: Looked at Jack's price for new instead of looking on the board for a used one.

Thanks for the compliment on the car. I've really enjoyed this car and it has given me a place to go when I wanted to think about relaxing matters. I was told that a roll bar would "ruin the car". I don't think it has hurt it at all and yes, the side bar comes off for street driving and the race harness goes in when we go to the track.

There are "tuning artists" such as Grumpy and John Plog that can get perfromance out of these cars with pretty basic setups and that is impressive. I'm a "tuning novice" but I did get the car to run 11.10 @122 MPH on 101 with an Extender "alky" chip on 21#'s of boost and a PTE61 turbo, hitting the rev limiter on both shifts. Didn't know about convertor slippage then but had 10% slippage with a 9/11 LU.:( Thought a TE67 would work better but I never did get that setup figured out. It just increased the convertor slippage. The convertor I have now does not slip very much.

Goal is to run 10:80 when I drive to the track and change tires with only minor tweaking to my street setup. Will push it harder in October when we race the Fords at Noble.:D If you're close enough to Oklahoma City, you need to bring your car and help us thump those guys.

We'll see if it will get down the track next Friday night.

Phil Engle

Why don't u guys run c-16 gas when your on the track since you know your going to be pushing your car to the limit???? Even if you run alky on the street. It just seems like a better plan to me. I've never been to the track and probably won't make many trips just to let u know and I don't know any thing about tuning a car so bare with me.

Why don't u guys run c-16 gas when your on the track since you know your going to be pushing your car to the limit???? Even if you run alky on the street. It just seems like a better plan to me. I've never been to the track and probably won't make many trips just to let u know and I don't know any thing about tuning a car so bare with me.

I will use high octane fuel when we take the car to the track to test the new combo. I want to make sure my combination is working well and performing as it should. I'll probably run 112 or 114; I think C16 is more octane than necessary for a 10 second car. I won't move forward to using alky at the track until I am comfortable that everything is working right.

I like to tune my car the way I drive it on the street and it's difficult and dangerous to tune your car effectively on the street. A time slip is your best yardstick as to how you are doing. In addition, if you hammer a 10 or 11 second car up through 3rd around here and get caught by the local police, they'll probably crush your car with you in it.:eek:

In addition, if you will do some reseach on this board about today's alky systems, you'll see that there are some very fast times being run at the track with lower timing and methanol. A good friend ran low 11's on 91 octane gas with Razor's kit on his first trip to the track with a new setup. BTW, 91 is highest octane we get in Oklahoma City. A couple of places carry 93 but it's over a $1 more per gallon and along way from home.

Last but not least, cost and convenience. $10 a gallon and a pain in the ass to pump out street gas, wait for the track to open the gas pumps unless you bring your own. Again,C16 is probably too much octane for a street/strip car. It does smell good though.

Why don't you race your car, at the track?:D

Phil Engle

I just got finished with the build to tell the truth(11/1/08). My car is currently at the shop getting the new BB turbo, headers, DP, and wastegate put on. Im not going to feel comfortable driving that thing down the track until I get my suspension done. At 13lb/boost with the old 3" dp, stock headers, and 70mm turbo it was pulling like a bat out of hell.

You've got a serious combination. I'm too old to go that fast; 130 MPH will be just fine with me.:biggrin: :biggrin:

Keep us posted on your progress and performance.

If you're going to be near Noble, Oklahoma in mid October, join us in our annual race against the Fords.

Phil Engle

I don't think I'll be that way with the car I'm really not that into racing yet but I'll keep who ever is interisted in the progress of the projuct posted. I've been working on the car for 3 years now and only out maybe 2500 miles on it with 0 races. When I do drive nobody ever challenges me.:rolleyes: