Just got the TTA back from Andersons

idaho gn said:
my personal opinion

first and formost get a brake......i ran the stageright and once per yer had the trans freshened ........it still worked fine but the brake was hard on the clutches.......20+lb launches (like 200+ per year). second the gtq turbo is wrong for your setup......id run the 70 p trim.......and a art carr 9 inch non lockup converter. with the alky you should not have intercooler issues unless you have a flow restriction!!! ditch the bfg's!!!!!!!!! if you want a radial mt drag radials WORK!!!!!......ALSO TUNING ON THE DYNO AND RACING @ THE TRACK ARE 2 TOTALLY DIFFERENT THINGS. to get top performance out of the car you need to learn how to make basic adjustments to the fast (you spent the $$$$$ why not use the system. the whole point is to be able to make changes. its not a set and forget type of deal if that was the case you would still be on the stock ecm w/ a chip

ps. im the former owner of tta 871(195k on the clock) 10.75 @ 131 and i didnt have all of the high zoot parts you have.

You never backed it up :tongue:

ttafan

ttafan, is your set-up set to lock-up the converter in second gear? From looking at your original post led me to this question.

Edit: 5 PSI LAUNCH AND NO WHEEL SPIN ON BFG DRAG RADIALS= MUCH LESS THAN 2.00 60 FT.

Razor said:
Just my opinion he needs a 274 stage II with twin PT67's, a lenco, tube chassis, bla bla bla and he should run 10's easily :D

Small steps is the only way ;)

OHHHH we CAN do that!

wbrophy said:
ttafan, is your set-up set to lock-up the converter in second gear? From looking at your original post led me to this question.

Edit: 5 PSI LAUNCH AND NO WHEEL SPIN ON BFG DRAG RADIALS= MUCH LESS THAN 2.00 60 FT.

That is a good question for Bill himself to answer. I have not been able to get my FAST system to link up with my laptop to find all this important info out. I literally have driven the car maybe 70 miles since I got it back. Too and from the track and road testing. I DO know that if I get this puppy to launch it's bye bye time! :biggrin:

EightSecV6 said:
Just my opinion.

The 70 P trim is old technology, we have built cars that run 9s with it but we have also built cars that ran 8s with a gen6 DFI. That doesnt make it the best choice. The parts selected for the TTA project were done in a manner that the customer would have to buy ONCE and not keep upgrading as the engine program progressed.Another thing to throw in there is that Trents car is not set on KILL and it was the first outing to the track on a new combo......small steps guys!

take it easy bill ............YOUR CUSTOMER asked the board for opinions for his current setup. there was no talk of im gonna change all of this stuff later ect,ect. he wanted to know what people thought of his current setup and to ME there are some mis matched parts.

Razor said:
You never backed it up :tongue:

huh ? i got lots of tta time slips.....like 300 or so all from 13.4x when i bought the car to multiple 10.7x and 10.8x passes. :D i just got sick of going so slow :eek:

idaho gn said:
huh ? i got lots of tta time slips.....like 300 or so all from 13.4x when i bought the car to multiple 10.7x and 10.8x passes. :D i just got sick of going so slow :eek:

Those 13 second slips were all Syclone :tongue:

ttafan said:
That is a good question for Bill himself to answer. I have not been able to get my FAST system to link up with my laptop to find all this important info out. I literally have driven the car maybe 70 miles since I got it back. Too and from the track and road testing. I DO know that if I get this puppy to launch it's bye bye time! :biggrin:

Converter locks at 50 mph, when you get some free time Trent, bring the car and laptop and we'll get the communication thing resolved. It is probably in the USB driver setup.