just cam sensor cap install ........ help

mikes gn

with the led cap it lights up, so i thought i got this, but i rotate it and the light won't go off, i thought it lights up at tdc ? so by turning it more shouldn't the light then go off ?? i even turned almost 1/2 a turn and it still stay's lit. have to run out for a bit, hopefully i'll have what i'm looking for when i get back.............thanks

W T F i get back , and now the light won't light up , same spot it was lit at when i left. turned it cw - ccw nothing
light won't go on, any one...................................

Sounds to me like you have the same problem I had. I had the caspers cap and it did the same thing. My cap turned out to be bad even though it was brand new. Ive never had good luck with those. Your best bet in my opinion is to just go back to a stock cap.

Sounds to me like you have the same problem I had. I had the caspers cap and it did the same thing. My cap turned out to be bad even though it was brand new. Ive never had good luck with those. Your best bet in my opinion is to just go back to a stock cap.
i realy didn't wana hear that , waited a week for that to happen.... i checked under cap sensors on the net all i find are the one's with the led light

I would check your cam sensor end play first before you condemn the Caspers cap. If you are looking for just a cam sensor cap, Tomco number 22008 is just the cap.

Bryan

well i keeped ajusting untill it started and it then lit up , did a few adj. and it was running almost perfect, go out a few hours later , it started real hard like it was out of adjustment, and ran like crap... how and why would it do this when it ran good before turning it off ???? this car has my so *issed off...

make sure gold ring under cap is tight and prong not broken that holds it in place

Check the connectors. Remove the cam sensor and check the roll pin in the gear and the side to side end play.I have seen the roll pin sheer off.

Bryan

Check the connectors. Remove the cam sensor and check the roll pin in the gear and the side to side end play.I have seen the roll pin sheer off.

Bryan
connectors as in plugs that go into each other , if so i did that already... with cap off the wheel realy has no l to r play and no up or down play... as far as removing the cam sensor, by me can i wreck any thing ?? and i'll try to find a pic of cam censor to see where the roll pin is

TurboBuRick said:
Did you lock down the sensor good enough? It can turn if the bolt is not tight enough.

This would be deadly to the engine if it rotated enough under power. The ignition would start firing on the wrong cylinder. To the OP id remove the cam sensor and verify everything is good. It's is mostly a mechanical piece and if something is wrong it will be apparent. Reset the sensor using the factory procedure. I can't see how the cap would matter unless the wires going into it are open circuit or intermittent open circuit.

There is a big window the sensor will operate in. It would have to move allot to fire the next cylinder. If the bolt was loose and the sensor moved it would most likely act the same as if the tab broke. Unless it was real loose.

There is a big window the sensor will operate in. It would have to move allot to fire the next cylinder. If the bolt was loose and the sensor moved it would most likely act the same as if the tab broke. Unless it was real loose.
no it's tight, but what tab are you talking about

this is a pic of mine, does every thing look ok ??

Attachments

• DSCN3167.JPG
    DSCN3167.JPG
    266.4 KB · Views: 162
The tab on that wheel is the one I speak of. It's that little square cut out.You really can't see it unless you take the wheel off. The wheel is key'd to the shaft by the tab. If the tab breaks the wheel can move messing with the way the car runs.

If the wheel is fixed tight to the shaft no need to take it apart. It's not rocket science.:p

The other thing that can mess with things is up and down play. Also a old sensor cap can cause problems.

The tab on that wheel is the one I speak of. It's that little square cut out.You really can't see it unless you take the wheel off. The wheel is key'd to the shaft by the tab. If the tab breaks the wheel can move messing with the way the car runs.

If the wheel is fixed tight to the shaft no need to take it apart. It's not rocket science.:p

The other thing that can mess with things is up and down play. Also a old sensor cap can cause problems.
how much up and down play is ok, i do have a bit if i give it a good pull..

I had an issue once with a caspers cap. I figured out if i loosened the two screws on the cap a bit it ran good but when tight it ran crappy.
Loosen the screws and see it that helps. It may be defective.

D