Just a warning:chaparral does not follow through with deals, will try to scam you

Status
Not open for further replies.

fbodlovr

1/4 Mile Freak
I have been dealing with this guy for two weeks now! He had wanted an assload of 84 parts that I had in trade for some audio equipment. We had been talking, and he was searching for an engine in trade for some audio equipment he had. Lets face it, you're going to be pressed to find someone to trade a complete 87 engine for car audio equipment. This whole time he is looking, and I knew it. I was fine with it.

After 10 days, I told him(as I had previously, and so had another VERY well respected member on here) that I am looking to get rid of this stuff asap, and 10 days had passed. It was time to make a decision on whether he wanted to go threw with the deal or not.

Here is what finally came out of this.
"ill tell ya what man ill cover the shipping on my amp and sub which is heavy as hell and ship each item in there original packaging which for the sub is required for warranty purposes due to extreme weight in the box. yeah just wait till you hook this ****er up.

and the amp which is going to be the 501s ill package nicely in a secure box of its size and send as well

YEAH WE WILL DO THE SWAP

so ill await for shipment to arrive you can send it commerical not residential cause it will cost three times as much to send it that way tell them my address is commercial and which it is, we are a commercial hot tub distribution facility. so

that address is******

send me an address to send equipment to and first and last name, soon as items arrive ill send out there all ready boxed up and have been since practicely a week after i purchased it, im tellin ya i hope you know what your getting into."

I had a funny feeling once I got this email. It seemed like a scam to me. Why the hell would I ship out over 200 pounds of stuff that is going to cost an enourmous amount to ship, when he lives just 4 hours east of me and we can meet in the middle?! The reason I was getting suspicious is because I sent him another email CONFIRMING everything we were trading, what time, and where, and his come back was "as it stands right now, yeah." This was Wednesday night I sent this. That right there told me something would probably "come up."

Even after commiting to the trade, he came back twice(I have every email sent) to wait another day or two. Finally, we set a day for Thursday at 3 in the afternoon. The next morning(thursday) I took my son to the daycare, went and got the truck that I was barrowing, and came back and loaded up everything. That is a one hour trip time right there. About broke my back getting the shortblock into the bed by myself. Checked my email, and I get this

"check this out, i cant meet today, dont know if it was you or someone else i was telling but i ended up having to work, im a roofer and had a leak to fix but had been able to get to area of the leak well these people had apparently called yesterday or lastnight an said not only can i get to the area there living room is leaking bad, IN SHORT CANT DO IT TODAY ILL POST PICTURE DAMIT SORRY DOG YOU SAID SOMETHING ABOUT BORROWING A TRUCK I READ SORRY ABOUT THAT AS WELL WE CAN DO THIS BUT I HAVE TO DO THIS ROOF REPAIR ITS NOT AN OPTION ON MY END."

So I called him and asked him what is going on. He said he was wanting it but something "came up." I told him to tell me truth on whether he wanted it or not since I had already had everything loaded up and it was looking like from all of the previous emails and now this, that he was just trying to get out of it somehow. So, we set up a time for Friday morning at 11, and I asked him if he was SURE this time, that NOTHING would be coming up. He assured me he would be there, and would call me once he dropped his kids off at school at 9, and was on his way. So, now I had to drive back, pick up my son, take the truck back, and drive back home. Thats another 1 hour total trip time.

The next morning(Friday 15th) I leave early just to make sure I get there on time. I take my son to the daycare, and pick up the truck(I left everything in it) and head out. I was gone by 9. 9:40 hits(I have been driving now for 40 minutes) and I get a text saying this"Got called back to that leak this morning sorry man its my job an all this snow melting is causing problems it will have to be weekend if not then i understand but trully not my fault sorry i let you know soon as i did i had already left for you and got called sorry man ill call ya later if you dont get pissed and junk it" That is another 1hr40min worth of driving.

I called 1 MINUTE after getting that text, and HE WOULD NOT ANSWER. Dont act like he was already there or something. If he was truly on his way, he would have been driving for a little bit as well, and would have been right next to that phone, especially since I called RIGHT after that message. I sent him a couple text messages telling him I had been driving for 40 minutes, but no reply until almost noon.

What I am pissed about over all of this is that I spent HOURS driving between getting the truck and my house(two trips)and starting the trip to the determind meeting place, and WASTING money on gas just because this guy is making up stories. And the fact that I was even willing to meet him half way for this.

Just wanted to let everyone know that he is possibly a scammer. Its fine if he sends you money for something that you will send to him AFTER you receive payment, but dont try to make any plans with this guy. Especially, how does he say he is a roofer, but in his email he told me that his address was a "commercial hot tub distribution facility." There are two many stories with this guy, and things just DON't add up. I have been on here for almost 5 years now, and I dont want someone like this possibly dicking around with someone else on here.

OK IM HOME NOW, AND HERES WHAT IT IS, I HAVENT WORK WORKED IN NEARLY 7 WEEEKS BETWEEN THE WEATER WHICH IF YOUR NOT BRIGHT ENOUGH TO PUT THE SNOW TOGETHER WITH ROOFING THEN I SHOULD STOP NOW.

BUT ANYHOW, IM A CONTRACTOR, I WORK FOR MY SELF, I HAVE CUSTOMERS, I HAVENT A CLUE WHAT YOU DO FOR INCOME AND AT THIS POINT IN THE GAME COULD GIVE A **** LESS. IF YOU CANT PUT TWO AND TWO TOGETHER THEN I DONT KNOW WHAT TO TELL YOU THAT LAST TWO DAYS THE TEMPERATURE HAS RISEN HIGH ENOUGH THAT IT HAS MELTED MOST ALL THE SNOW OR LEAST DOWN THIS WAY SO THATS ALOT OF WATER WHEN THERE IS 6 INCHES OF SNOW WHEN IT MELTS IT LEAKS INTO THESE PEOPLES HOUSE

THEY WERE A CUSTOMER OF MINE NOW FOR A MONTH BUT I HAVE BEEN UNABLE TO GET TO THE AREA ON THE ROOF WHERE THE LEAK WAS OCCURING CAUSE OF SNOW LOAD ON ROOF LINE, WELL AS UN FORTUNATE AS IT IS IT JUST HAPPENED TO LAND ON THE TWO DAYS THAT YOU DEMANDED THIS TAKE PLACE, WHICH I WAS FINE WITH AT FIRST BUT I DONT LIKE TO BE PUSHED AND I CERTAINLY HAVENT MADE ANY EXCUSES YOU DONT MEAN ENOUGH TO ME FOR ME TO MAKE AN EXCUSE I WOULD JUST TELL YOU **** IT MITCHELL I DONT WANT YOUR ****. IF THAT WERE THE CASE SO WHAT EVER YOU GOT GOING ON IN YOUR HEAD IS YOUR CONSCIENCE. I TOLD YOU YESTERDAY THAT I HAD TO REPAIR ROOF, WELL I THOUGHT IT WAS FIXED AND IN DEED IT WAS FIXED IN THAT AREA BUT THERE WAS ANOTHER LEAK THAT OCCURED IN SIMILAR PLACE VALLEY (THATS WHERE TO ROOF LINES COME TOGHETHER) SNOW GATHERS IN THESE PLACES ITS ACTUALLY THE LAST TO MELT OFF

**** IT IM NOT WASTING ANYMORE TIME TRYING TO EXPLAIN WORK TO YOU IF YOU HAVENT GOT THE WEAR WITH ALL TO SEE THAT SOMEONE HAS TO WORK OR UNDERSTAND ROOFING ENOUGH TO KNOW THAT THERE HAS BEEN A HUGE MELT DOWN OF SNOW IN LAST PAST TWO DAYS THEN YOUR IGNORANT. AND YAH I SAID IGNORANT, THINK ABOUT WHAT YOUR SAYING AND WHAT YOUR OFFERING AND TELL ME WHY I WOULDNT DO THAT DEAL I HAVE ONLY TO GAIN NOTHING TO LOOSE, DO YOU THINK I WAS HAPPY ABOUT NOT BEING ABLE TO COME, BUT HERE ON THIS SIDE OF THE WORLD THESE PEOPLE THE CUSTOMER THEY THERE THE ONES THAT MAKE MY WORLD TURN, INCOME IS WHAT IM SPEAKING OF

I DINT PLAY YOU DUDE WHEN YOU CALLED I WAS TALKING FACE TO FACE WITH A CUSTOMER CLIMBING UP ONE SIDE MY ASS AND DOWN THE OTHER CAUSE THERE ROOF WAS STILL LEAKING THE DONT CARE THAT ITS IN A DIFFERNT PLACE THERE CARE IS THEY JUST PAID 1,500.00 FOR REPAIR AND STILL SEEING WATER PENETRATE THE EXTERIOR OF THERE HOUSE.

SO WHAT IT COMES DOWN TO MITCHELL IS THIS, YOU DONT PAY THE BILL I DO, AND I NEEDED TO WORK AND HAVE THESE PEOPLES HOUSE NOT LEAK AND WELL BUDDY AS YOU CAN SEE THEY COME FIRST

SORRY IF YOU DONT BELIEVE AT THIS POINT WITH THE **** YOU SAID I DONT GIVE A **** WHAT YOU BELIEVE I DONT NEED TO MAKE ANY ****ING EXCUSES TO YOU, YOUR A DUDE ON THE ****ING INTERNET WHY WOULD I GIVE A **** IF YOUR HAPPY OR NOT FOR REAL WHY WOULD Lie

your silly man, i stood to gain not loose there bright one, im the one that lost out not you, and yor time how much you make an hour 8.00 9.00 an hour hear ill tell ya what you give me your address and ill send your three hours pay at your 8.00 buck an hour and then we should be good.

IN ALL SORRY IT COME TO THIS BUT WHAT THE **** IM NO WEATHER MAN I CANT TELL YOU ITS GOING TO WARM UP ENOUGH TO MELT THE SNOW OFF THE ROOFS AND PUSH IT INTO THESE PEOPLES HOUSES

I HAVENT DEVELOPED THAT TALENT YET.

SORRY FOR IT NOT GOING THE WAY YOU WANTED IT TO GO. AND YOU CAN TELL WHOM EVER YOU LIKE ABOUT THE SITUATIION

An email I just got from him. He's a stand up guy with his vulgor email there. And yeah, I am jobless right now. Laid off because of the economy. My pay was 25/hr.

i rent the house i live at its 735 south high street hillsboro ohio and the landlord has a facilitly around the back in which he sellls tubs, i am a roofer and can prove it if need be does somone need to see my truck signs or contract. or how about this how about a customer just call as if you were a perspective customer, ask about the service, we have here fellow a bitter little boy that is upset cause he didnt get his way. as he didnt add, as they always do i even offered to pay him 8.00 or 9.00 an hour for his little three hours of time. how this justifies scamming when i took nothing from him only wasnt available when he wanted, well im sure im not the only roofer that owns a buick. how about it fellows is roofing a business where you can get called out in spare of minute, who on here would go play buick while someones how is leaking. well sorry if i offended anyone and sorry for having to answer to this stuped message he shouldnt even been allowed to post. but thats the skinny, if you need a roof drop me a line, if you got some parts you wanna swap drop me a line. dont let this little fellower get under the skin he just wanted my stereo gear, and i was willing to trade and was still untill all this, work is work mitchell and buck play time is buick play time. FIGURE THE DIFFERENCE OUT BUDDY BEFORE YOUR CAR TAKES OVER YOUR LIFE

Haha, a bitter little boy because I didnt get my way. I dont know what it takes. It does'nt have to do with "getting my way." It has to do with a DEAL. Lets face it, the email sent that says "as it stands now, yeah" tells me SOMETHING is going to come up. Then two days in a row of excuses, ESPECIALLY when I have been driving for 40 minutes and THEN I get a message! Come'on.

Maybe YOU are the one that DIDNT get YOUR way! You wanted me to send you the parts, and THEN you would send me your parts. Haha, yeah right. All of a sudden, things start looking more and more fishy. You can keep going with your insults, acting like a child(like you have called me) calling me names, but it wont change things. I still think you could be a nice guy, but things arent adding up to make sense.

Prove that you're a roofer. Hell, I can act like I'm anything! Ring Ring-"Dr. Oz here!"

Some of your statements just dont make sense either man. I dont know what trading parts has to do with my car taking over my life.

Like I have said a couple times in emails, I didn't want this to happen, or to talk down on a guy. Just want everyone to know what happened so it does'nt happen to anyone else.

You guys should forget the parts deal for now & meet somewhere & have a beer together.
I think your both a bit guilty in this deal. Maybe if you talk face to face you can see each other's side a little clearer. It's better than bickering on a public forum IMO.
No one was ripped off or stolen from in this situation but unfortunately the deal went south. Stuff happen's in life so be civil & talk it out or ignore each other & forget about it.
No use staying pissed off. Life is too short! Good Luck!

MY POINT EXACTLY ONLY POSTING IVE DONE IS IN RESPONSE TO WHAT WAS SAID, AND IT WAS ON HIS HOME EMAIL ALLTHAT GARBAGE WHICH I WENT TO THE MODERATER WITH I THINK HAS BEEN REMOVED. AND THE DEAL WAS SUPPOSED TO BE FACE TO FACE, THATS WHY IM LIKE SCAM, WHO DID I SCAM FOR NOT GOING TO MEET THE GUY YEAH IM GUILTLY, GUILTY of putting work infront of working on my car my play car at that you know what i mean. im with ya, im over it.

I still beleive there is some shady **** going on here. The stuff DOES NOT add up. But, I just wanted to let people see what happened so they can make their own decision. I am willing to forget it too. Maybe we WERE BOTH in the wrong, and I am willing to accept the fact.

This is'nt meant to stir anything else up, but the email is on my google account. Not on turbobuick.

Im a roofer too,I have been called to fix leaks at the worst possible times for"me"..

These people really dont care what I have going on,they want their roof fixed NOW...I have also been called BACK to a house that has another leak,that is worse case far a roofer..

Isnt the feedback section for people who have actually followed thru with a transaction here on tb.com?

I understand your frustration, but i think posting in the feedback section and calling someone a scammer is a little over the top just because someone cannot meet for a few days in a row.

Do you want me to delete this thread or what?

BW

Yeah where any dispute should be, or should people clutter up what others find enjoyable, with every day problems of things going wrong, should we all bring our issues to the hobby room. Dude grow up its simple snow melt roof leaking = me doing the work and not meeting you. Not to mention i notified you that i would not be there heck could have said heck with it and let you drive the hole trip who new you left early, i told yo i would call you at 9 15 just scrap the stuff its closer and they cant scam ya.

Thank you guy says hes been a member for five years now, doesnt show alot of respect for fellow memebers throwing all the slander around and doiing in the wrong forum.

I contacted the moderater of the site and informed or left a message as to what this guy is doing i thought his emails could be blocked and im sure they will once someone complains hes out of line.

And thanks for noticing. Givin the circumstances of snow melt, i mean anyone who is a roofer was busy the last two days or should have been or could have been.

Thanks dude

Had similar dealing with Chapparal. The parts on that list were probably cut and pasted from the list I originally made. Wasted a bunch of time rounding up parts and finally had to be blunt that I dont want my time to be wasted so make a decision.

Chapparal, if you want to keep your name good on this board, dont lead people on if you dont want what you asked for. I dont like my time to be wasted, I dont have time as it is. I like to help members on this board but I dont have time as it is.

Use this as a learning lesson. Either sh*t or get off the pot.

More info coming in via PM:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaparral
really what deal was that id like to see the transcript seriously you dudes are way to bored, you need to smoke the *** and quit talking ****

if i had some interaction with you id like to see it, what parts were they you cant just jump in and talk smack dude your off your rocker what are you guys buddys let me see where your from here in a minute and that will shed some light on whats going on here,

ill seriously like to see the emails where i was supposed to get something from you if you had something i needed, i would have bought, problem is most of you guys on here think these parts are laced with some sort of gold magical dust or something and think there worth a fortune, i used the sight as a research tool and far as i know to date theres no wrong in that, dont hate if i didnt buy your part. and you really do need to show me what it is i was supposed to have bought maybe i still need it. LOL

My Responce:
Well if you cant remember a list of Hot Air Conversion parts including a transmission that i came up with for you, I'm obviously not the one smoking. Take care.

Chapparal, Here's your list you apparently forgot about. Glad you did.;)

Here is the parts list for a N/A to Hot Air conversion. The items in red are the ones I DO NOT have.

Intake
Throttle body
Throttle body bracket (for throttle cable TV cable etc..)
Vacuum block
Hard vacuum lines
Turbo
Turbo mounting bracket (2 pcs)
Turbo to intake adapter
Turbo oil feed line
Turbo oil return line
Hard heater lines
Heater core
Fuel rail
Stock injectors (unknown condition)
Injector harness
Main engine wire harness
ECM w/chip
Fuel feed line
Fuel return line
T-stat housing
EGR valve
EGR solenoid
Wastegate solenoid
EGR/WG solenoid mounting bracket
Throttle position sensor
IAC
Crank sensor
Crank sensor bracket
Cam sensor
Pass side relay mount and relays (ESC mod, fuel pump relay, etc..)
Main acc bracket (alum)
Alt support rod
Alternator
AC compressor
AC comp brackets
AC lines
Power steering pump/brackets (might be the same as the NA...not sure)
coil pack
Coil pack bracket (2 pcs)
Water pump pulley
Crank pulley
Balancer w/reluctor ring
Fan w/clutch
Fan shroud
MAF sensor
MAF pipe
Headers
crossover pipe
Turbo inlet pipe
Turbo flange spacer (or the right gasket to seal)
Stock downpipe
200 4R crossmember
Fuel return line on frame
fuel tank w/sender, pump, hanger
Taillight harness
Fuel pump harness to rear

So cliff notes would be....Chaparral is a big ol tease, fbodlover and jdpolzin have blue balls. No money ever exchanged hands and no one got scammed???

I knew this girl in High School, she would talk a good game, but get her in the backseat and she wouldn't do any of the things she said before. Is that kind of like what happened here? That sure is frustrating.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

So cliff notes would be....Chaparral is a big ol tease, fbodlover and jdpolzin have blue balls. No money ever exchanged hands and no one got scammed???

I knew this girl in High School, she would talk a good game, but get her in the backseat and she wouldn't do any of the things she said before. Is that kind of like what happened here? That sure is frustrating.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I like your version the best:biggrin:

Guys, why are you posting private messages and personal emails here?

I am not going to delete the thread until fbodlovr comes back and posts, i dont want him attacking me for deleting his thread after all his hard work with copy and paste from emails and such.

HAHA! Nice! No blue ball over here, just trying to help the guy out.

Good analogy though, I think we all new a couple girls like that in high school!;)

Yeah where any dispute should be, or should people clutter up what others find enjoyable, with every day problems of things going wrong, should we all bring our issues to the hobby room. Dude grow up its simple snow melt roof leaking = me doing the work and not meeting you. Not to mention i notified you that i would not be there heck could have said heck with it and let you drive the hole trip who new you left early, i told yo i would call you at 9 15 just scrap the stuff its closer and they cant scam ya.

Well, I was going to just let it go, but you keep going. You said you notified me. Yeah at 9:40!! You damn well know that I would have been on my way. So, you say that you couldnt text me because its dangerous to do while driving(your words in an email), ok then, why not call me WAY earlier so I could have saved my trip? Could you not call me either because its dangerous to do while driving as well?

I did scrap it, and im not sulking over it either. It was innitially going to the scrap to begin with. And I'm not congesting the site with clutter. I am making people aware that your story is NOT adding up, and someone should think twice about possibly dealing with you. Ever since I posted this, I have had a couple other people message me saying that they have had an issue with you, and now look, there is jdpolzin. Who else have you dicked around with? You keep saying grow up, and Im a kid, Im not the one insulting you every step! So, that would make you the immature kid.

Lets face it, your emails did sound like a scam, you kept leading me on, and now couldnt keep up with your time. And guess what, I have been a roofer in the past, and people have also had to wait a few hours that had a leaky roof because we were busy.

You're just a mess to deal with, and its apparent from the messages I have gotten from other people, and now another person is speaking up with a dealing with you.

Keep on trying to slip your way out Steve. This post was to inform people to BE CAREFUL. If this is the wrong place to put this post, then move it. But I see this is the perfect place, and it needs to be left up. Obviously some people are finding it helpful on their decision on whether to deal with you or not.

Trying to get emails deleted? You meen from this post? Good luck getting someone to delete them from my google account. I think you're wanting them deleted because they are incriminating. Ive told a few other people about this, and as soon as I mention that you initially wanted me to send the stuff to you, they agreed that it sounded fishy.

I dont care that we didnt make the deal. I dont care that I had to take the parts to the scrap yard. They were going there before. I do care that you tried to just get me to send parts to you, and then wasted my time and money! THATS the part that sounds like a possible scam waiting to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.