John Kolivas sets a new record for the 275/60/15 M/T Drag Radials~ 7.32 @193mph!!!!

86brick

It's just a V6 Brick.....
This was at the NMRA/NMCA SuperBowl race in Joilet, IL this past weekend. He first ran a 7.39 @193mph and then backed it up with the 7.32 in the finals.

Stang TV : NMRA IL Qualifying Round 1 Part 3

38 seconds into the vid is the 7.39 pass from Qualifying on Friday.

Stang TV : NMRA IL Final Round Eliminations

5 mins and 15 seconds into this vid you will see the 7.32 pass in the Finals from Sunday.

Whoever thought these guys would be running so fast with 275/60's!!!!:eek:

Here's Kolivas's website~ Kolivas Racing.com - Home of NMRA Drag Radial Champion John Kolivas for pics of his car and BTW if I read correctly Dusty had a hand in this as John was using Dusty's old 94mm ORSCA EZ Street trim turbo.;) :cool:

These are CRAZY #'s on a 275/60.

John has been testing the billet vs cast versions of the 94mm for several weeks. He knew I had a billet so he borrowed it for testing. His thinking was that if I could go 4.90's at 3500+ lbs, there's no reason a car at legal weight shouldn't be able to run low 80's. He went 4.90 at 150 right away and went to work from there. He also found no difference between the cast and billet. I was glad to see him do so well. He's also been doing some converter testing but that's all I can say about that;) He's still sponsored by his local company....

These are CRAZY #'s on a 275/60.

John has been testing the billet vs cast versions of the 94mm for several weeks. He knew I had a billet so he borrowed it for testing. His thinking was that if I could go 4.90's at 3500+ lbs, there's no reason a car at legal weight shouldn't be able to run low 80's. He went 4.90 at 150 right away and went to work from there. He also found no difference between the cast and billet. I was glad to see him do so well. He's also been doing some converter testing but that's all I can say about that;) He's still sponsored by his local company....

I think a LOT of people were surprised to see him do so well on the 275/60's compared to the 28X10.5's. I know Urist must've been! From what I read he might put the 114mm billet turbo on and see if he can get some 7.20's.:eek:

I went on Saturday, LOTS of very fast cars. It was my first time at that event and I had a good time for sure!

I think a LOT of people were surprised to see him do so well on the 275/60's compared to the 28X10.5's. I know Urist must've been! From what I read he might put the 114mm billet turbo on and see if he can get some 7.20's.:eek:

He told me the conditions were ideal. The cloud cover had the track temp just right, the DA was great, the track took everything he could throw at it. He did use the bars to keep the car off the bumper so he was getting after it very hard and very early.

He told me the conditions were ideal. The cloud cover had the track temp just right, the DA was great, the track took everything he could throw at it. He did use the bars to keep the car off the bumper so he was getting after it very hard and very early.

I tried calling you to gossip this weekend.
Your caller ID is working too well.

and there are guys here that cank get there 10 sec cars to hook on 28X10 slicks :D

and there are guys here that cank get there 10 sec cars to hook on 28X10 slicks :D

I think Kolivas might have a little bit more experience and a little bit more done to his Mustang than the average 10 sec car on here. Apples to oranges my friend.;)

I was there also, very impresive to say the least, took pics of tires just to prove it to... bad ride there my friends.