John Delorean passad

TRiv

John Delorean passed late this past Saturday at 80 years old. a real car guy, he was the main man responsible for the original 1964 pontiac GTO and possibly the muscle car world as we know it, also, despite some unfortunate business practices, was the creator and founder of the early 80's stainless steel, gull winged DeLorean car and Delorean Motor Company. One of the great car people.

http://ultimategto.com/

I know many will not agree with me, but I love that car (the Delorean) I think it is pretty cool, I would love to have one one day.

The crazy thing is that I saw one driving down the road near my house just yesterday. I did a double take.

Best line I can remember about DeLorean was when Robin Williams made a public service annoucement at a show and told the audience " to the owner of the new DeLorean in the parking lot, please check your trunk for your factory rebate." In reference to John's arrest for smuggling coke to help fund his company prior to it going broke. Still crack up at that one.

It is sad, he was a great and made many changes to the automotive landscape. RIP