Jay Leno driving a 1948 Buick Super and it's hilarious.

Loved it. I think one of our drivetrains would have been better suited. Pretty sweet nonetheless.

Wicked! I'm sure the build cost would raise some eyebrows since it looks like such a pile on the outside. A lot went into that build.

I didn't hear it mentioned on the show but I wonder if they threat the rusty areas so as to prevent them from getting worse.

D

The entire underside and trunk area was cleaned up and coated with a plastic-type material they referred to as a high-tech bed liner. The body panels were clear coated to preserve the patina as is.

I would have been nice to hear about the cost. Have never seen anything like this.

Yea body was definitely cleared.

I'll bet this is well into the 150-200,000 range. That engine alone Is a pretty penny, plus all the customization (wheels, frame, steering column), not to mention the design and laser scanning.

As much as Jay enjoyed driving the Buick. I would be surprised if he didn't try to buy it or have one built with a bit more power. Not that he really needs another car to add to his collection though. I would like to have just one pick out of the cars that he has.

The entire underside and trunk area was cleaned up and coated with a plastic-type material they referred to as a high-tech bed liner. The body panels were clear coated to preserve the patina as is.
Polyurea. We put roofs down made of it. It gets pricey, but is good for high traffic areas with a bunch of messed up projections.