It's about that time....

Chevota

anybody else ready to go racing? How does Irwindale(thurs) or Carlsbad(sat) sound? Both only cost $20 and you can usually get as many runs as you like!! I was thinking sometime in May would work...
-scott wile

Bout Friggen Time Scott

Happy you got the beast running again, looking for 9's this time?

Al and I will be going to Carlsbad on Sat if your coming down this way, let me know and hope to see you there.

Ray

Shooting for 11.50 + or - :D

i want to go to carlsbad but still waiting on the fuel pump. I got my te-44 in and need the pump(still stock). I hope i dont work, u will see me up there. I will introduce myself

If everything goes as planned,I should be assembling the stage 2 this weekend (I was delayed 3 weeks because UPS lost my crank shaft. It had to go from San Diego to South Gate and wound up in Utah) . May racing sounds like a good time to start testing. We also put Reg's engine in his car last weekend, so he is also getting close.
Jeff

Don't get me wrong...the yellow beast has been back together for awhile now. It's just this thing called work that seems to get in the way of my track time. I was able to get it on a dyno for free last week though to make sure everything is good to go. I would love to meet up with you guys at Carlsbad but unfortunately:D I'll be spending some quality time in Havasu this weekend. I'm planning on Irwindale next Thu night if anyone else wants to meet up. So, does sometime in May at Carlsbad sound like a plan??

-scott wile

Att. Scott

I know it is early but it get hot here quick!

We enjoyed coming from Phoenix last July to "glorious and friendly", Carlsbad raceway, and would like to do it again when it is too hot to play here.

I plan to have a little "suprise" under the hood of the white car looking for a re-match with the Toyota.:) Besides, by then I will not be too upset over getting my new Excursion a little dusty. Or maybe they have paved the entrance road by now?

Just make sure your dad is there to give me some moral support.:D

that be great Nick!! I think I have a pretty good idea of what that
"little surpise" might be....and if it doesn't run 8's and make at least 1000hp I'll be dissapointed. =) A rematch would be fun even though I know the odds will be just a LITTLE against me this time!
Just remember if you don't beat the stock motored yellow beast I might have to tell someone;) I do have one question though if you don't mind me asking...I need to know how much to save so could you give me an idea of what it might take to have that same "little suprise" under my hood? Thanks Nick!

-scott wile

Hi Nick,

Looking forward to seeing you and Chevota going at it again:cool: I know you were probably just taking it easy on him last time;) As far as the track, it's still the same ole Carlsbad, nothing has been done to the roads or anything for that matter.

Lately there have been several 8 and 9 sec cars out here testing and tuning and what have you, they must have known you were coming out here :p Well I am looking forward to seeing you again, what time frame are you looking at?

Also let me know it you need any help prior to your arrival, londging etc..... I'll be heading to Carlsbad tomorrow, hoping for some 11's...

Ray

Hey Scott,

Well my best ET was an 11.90 with 26 psi trapping 113 mph with a 1.7XX 60ft

I also didn't have a roll bar so I turned the boost down to 25 psi and ran a 12.0 and a 12.1 @ 114, both were 1.8xx 60ft. Go figure, 1 mph faster:confused:

I also still need to get a scan tool and EGT to tune it right, coming soon, real soon!

Otherwise, I just kept pulling the plugs after each run to check how they were, and made adjustments from there.

Saturday was rained out, so i went on Sunday

When are you coming down?

Ray

Ray -I see 11.50's in your future with a little more boost and some 1.50 60fts. As for coming down there i'm planning on May sometime...

Scott

If I ever see 11.50's I would be utmost stoked.

I plan on getting the lowers boxed and running 28x10 1/2-15 slicks in the near future. Right now I have the 28x9-15, there all right but I fish tail like crazy with them. I still have to lighten it up too, I ran it with the front sway bar on. Well see what happens and see you in May:)

One last thing, I'm still running the 3" Cold Air with stock Maf, what kind of hp increase can I expect running a 4" cold air set up with LS1 maf and translator? or the max effort set up?

Thanks

Ray

Originally posted by Raymond Bunch
Hi Nick,

Looking forward to seeing you and Chevota going at it again:cool: I know you were probably just taking it easy on him last time;) ..........

Also let me know it you need any help prior to your arrival, lodging etc..... Ray

We had a great time there last summer and the guys are looking forward to doing it again this year. Definately will want help in selecting BETTER place to stay this time.:) Such as safe place to park car and trailer, no all night parties, not under a freeway ramp..........................

Would think July again would be when we a tired of 100+ deg days, and will settle for a couple "cool" 80 deg days!

At the rate I am going, it will take until then before my car is ready for Scott anyway. Will stay in touch and appreciate your help when the time gets close.

Hi Nick - I'll start looking around and get you into a good place, with good security, see you in a couple of months :cool:

Ray

I do not know about Carlsbad, but in LA it has been upwards of 100 a couple of days lately. Whoo hooo.