IT LIVES!

TIMINATOR

In the tuning phase right now. Fuel pump issues, I'll replace that tomorrow, and install the rest of the alky kit.
Been 3 years and 8 months!
Got my first thumbs up 7 blocks from my shop! YAY!
TIMINATOR, preparing to Timinate at last!!!

Attachments

• 20230907_182928.jpg
    20230907_182928.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 87
  • Resized_Resized_20230907_182941.jpeg
    Resized_Resized_20230907_182941.jpeg
    642.9 KB · Views: 87
  • 20230907_182900.jpg
    20230907_182900.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 93
Nice!

By any chance did you drive that car down Hwy. 89 a few years back?

Then again, Turbo T Guy and TA perf Mike have similar rides and they are local too.
TIMINATOR

THANKS GUYS!!!!
Still have to do the rear seat brace, lower and upper rear control arms, fuel pump, the rest of the alky kit, and remove the S.S. Monte Carlo interior and install the carpet and original reupholstered interior, then finish tuning and it's done. Unless I get more stuff.
Ennybody know anyone that wants medium blue power buckets, complete rear seat, long console w/ shifter and cable and carpet from a 1987 Monte Carlo S.S? Accepting offers. I'm in west Phoenix,AZ.
TIMINATOR

Are you installing the CD rear brace? I'm interested in hearing about the installation procedure.

CD? I don't remember whose it is, but it's THICK! And it came from a guy in west Chicago area. It comes with big steel pop rivits and he suggests panel adhesive too.
Main deal is level the car on jack stands, center the brace side to side, mark where it goes, drill 4 corner rivet holes, and remove the body paint from where the brace mounts. I was going to drill 4 corner holes, bolt it in, then apply the panel adhesive and drill and set the rivets, remove the 4 corner bolts, and then rivet those last holes. Leaving the car on the jacket ands to allow the adhesive to set up overnite.
Most of that, except leveling the car on jack stands is probably overkill, but I have been known to over think everything.
That's how I'm gonna do it anyway.
TIMINATOR
Sorry to the guy that sold me this wonderful part, but I bought it over a year ago. I'll post what brand it is after I look thru my stuff.
If you're gonna bother to do a brace, why not the thickest, and do a perfect job?

OK. Let me explain my reason for all of this.
#1: X braces are better than nothing, and may be enuf for most, but they mount with 8 holes, 2 on each end. The flattened tubes are thicker than the panel they attach to. The weaker part fails/fatigues first. The unit I bought for my T Type has 14 steel 1/4" rivets, and the vendor suggests panel adhesive too. This spreads out the cross load to a broader area.
#2: I have popped the windshield loose in my 1972 Chevelle in 1988. It also rippled the "C" pillars. The car was16 years old then. It ran 10.80s on the motor.
1987 Buicks have a thinner frame, and now are 35 years old.
My 1968 Nova ran 9.60s in 1991 and rippled the "C" pillars and the rear fenders between the rear of the door and front of the wheel wells.
Both, before I installed rollbars, were street driven 6+ months before being kicked off the track for not having the bars.
Your car, your choice. I'm not gonna ruin another body.
TIMINATOR

Congats ! , nice looking car always loved these in white.