Issues with performance PowerGlide parts

JESUPERCAT

I am running a stock case power-glide with performance internals. I have made 12 1/2 track passes with our injected Nailhead dragster. We have not had second gear with this trans since somewhere in the second pass. The trans was bought used with 4 passes as I was told:confused: . The car had second on our first pass, but wheelie bar was set too low and we could not make a full pass. We had the trans taken apart and inspected at a local shop-"whole other issue". The stator support was misaligned and had worn a groove in the pump, a bad gouge in the bushing, it also looks like it spun the bearing some.
I spoke with Don about the issue, thanks for all the info.
I asked the trans shop what this was going to cost to put it back together with another case and stock stator support for now. The estimate was going to be nearly $1,000 in labor alone:eek: to reassemble a power-glide:confused: .
After giving Len a call in Vegas I went to the trans shop to get my trans. Lets just say I paid for a rebuild just to get all my new parts back:mad: .
Saturday morning we made a family trip to Vegas to drop off the trans with Len, cost 500 miles and well worth it.....
Thanks Len for the help...
Len had said a few people had problems with the stator shafts and pumps. If you have had problems with power-glide parts please let me know.

Len met me in Kingman Az. this evening on his way back from Phoenix,
So now I have a trans with second gear. I will get the trans in Monday night and then I will be ready to make a few passes at the local airport on Friday night. I still have to deal with BTE about the pump issues I had. I will send it back this week for inspection by them and wait to see what happens.
A big thanks again to Len for the time and help with our trans.

BE SURE to check your shifter adjustment. If it's off slightly it will burn the clutches out of high gear.

The bracket on the side of the tranny needs to be the correct matching bracket for the shifter you use. The instructions will tell you which hole you will use on the bracket for your shifter.

Put your shifter in first and pull your bracket on the side of the tranny into first. Make sure the shifter linkage will slide easily into the bracket without any pulling or stretching. Now take the linkage back out, put the shifter into second and move the bracket on the tranny into second and check the fit of the linkage again. These MUST fit correctly. If the bracket isn't fully seated into the gear it will slip on the 1st pass and it's toast.