Issues, please help

lilthumper

In front of your regal
Ok, I have a rev...rev...rev.... at 5250-5500 rpm. I have gone through EVERYTHING the last few weeks, different ignition and coil, different FAST box and wiring harness and 02. I have checked and replaced every electrical component from the Distributor and cap all the way to the FAST. My 02 correction is showing + 25% during this "rev...rev...rev..." period. Fuel pressure is at 65psi and duty cycle is about 40-50%. I changed the VE table from 95 to 115 in that area of the map and it did not change a thing. Please remember that I have tried another 02 sensor and fast box and complete wiring harness. Any clues on what this could be would be appreciated. Should I replace my brand new Taylor wires and spark plugs? Remember, it is a rev...to 5500, back down to 5000, rev back up to 5500 problem. Rev...rev...rev...:( Even does it in park with no load on the car!!

It almost sounds like you are hitting a rev limiter. Where do you have the rev limiter settings in the fast box?

Do you have an external ignition system with limiter capabilities?

I have already checked this, I even set it up as high as 9000 rpm. I suspected the dial on the digital 6 rev limiter, but I put in my old 6AL with no chip in it. Same problem.

It really sounds to me like you have the rev limit high RPM set at 5500 and the rev limit low RPM set at 5000. If it even does it in park at WOT it must be something like this.

Just to make sure we are on the same page, go online with the ECU, press the F5 key, and take a look at the rev limiter settings in the window that pops up. When you hit the RPM in the "high" setting it shuts off the injectors until the RPM drops below the value in the "low" setting.

Craig, the rev limit high is 7200 and the low is 6800. The only thing left is the actual program, the new wires or the new plugs. I am using a program based off of my old 302 turbo program that I got from Bennett, just changed a few things last year for the 331. slow331.gct, a very safe program. I have to rule out anything in the hardware of the FAST, wiring harness or ignition because I have tried different pieces from a different car that runs fine. The 02 will try to max correct if I am somehow having a missfire won't it?:confused: