ISAC For My Application?

motorhead

motorhead mike
I have been doing a fair bit of research on progressive nitrous/alky controllers, both with and without boost control options, and right now at the price point/features the ISAC seems to be winning. I do have a few questions regarding the product and how this will relate to my build.

The build is a Gen I SBC with the EFI from a 1991 TPI (factory Speed Density) and twin stock 86-87 GN turbos. The intent is to supplement the factory fuel system with two stages of propane injection - the first stage would have the propane switch on constant from 0psi to full boost (est. 10-14psi) strictly as an octane booster for the pump gas, and the second stage would be progressively ramped from 0psi to full boost as it would be a combination of propane and gasoline via a converted wet nitrous plate kit. Essentially the 2nd stage would compenstate for the undersized injectors. The total power goal is 500hp at the crank, as the engine has already done ~475hp on a wet 100 nitrous shot this is very achievable and seemingly realistic.

Onto the questions about the product:

1. Can the ISAC run the two stages of propane injection (driving solenoids) as described above?
2. Can the ISAC run the two stages of propane injection (driving solenoids) as described above AND operate as a boost controller?
3. Can the ISAC run as a Closed-Loop AFR controller using a WB02 input (specifically the Innovate MTX-L) knowing that the factory ECM will essentially be running in Open-Loop at WOT?
4. For the planned power levels can a single (large) bleeder solenoid manage two stock-style internal wastegate actuators?

Cheers!

It depends.. how are you planning to meter the propane?

It depends.. how are you planning to meter the propane?

This is one of the old Propain kits, so it will have a regulator (150psi) and nitrous pills; as well as the factory solenoid and some smaller solenoids for the second stage. I hope this helps.

This is one of the old Propain kits, so it will have a regulator (150psi) and nitrous pills; as well as the factory solenoid and some smaller solenoids for the second stage. I hope this helps.

Do you just want to meter the propane from being able to just turn it on and let it flow or do you want to try to pulse the solenoid with the ISAC?

Do you just want to meter the propane from being able to just turn it on and let it flow or do you want to try to pulse the solenoid with the ISAC?

I only want to pulse the small solenoids used for the second stage to bring in the added gas/propane combo via the plate kit. The main solenoid off the tank will just open and feed the system.

You could use the ISAC for that as long as you use a single solenoid for boost control. You could set up one of the outputs as a window switch to trigger the main solenoid, use the alcohol control function for the second stage to control delivery and use the 3rd output for boost control.

If you trigger the main solenoid off of a pressure switch, you could use two solenoids for boost control.

Regarding point three... the CL AFR control is a working function at this time, correct?

I just carried another load to Gbodyparts.com, they have the remaining stock if you want to order one!

it does, although most people let the ECM do the afr control.

Bob