Is this the reason my fuel pressure drops off on my denso pump?

Mike70gtx

I have the denso pump and as you can see the fuel filter is folded almost to a 90 degree angle. I had to do some special rigging to get the denso pump on the hanger. The filter must have been hitting the baffle in the tank. When I try to go full throttle the fuel pressure goes to about 40 or 45 pounds and then drops off and begin to get knock. I put another filter on and rotated the pump so filter would hit baffle, but the old filter was not bent as bad but still bent. I have the same results. I'm not sure what the inside of those filters look like but it seems when it really starts to suck fuel the filter collapses or folds up. Do you think this is was is happening? I'm going to to order new filter.

You can try running it without a sock as a test to see if it does the same thing. Mine was bent and it never affected performance.

Here is a picture. I ordered a strainer and maybe I'll get lucky so I only have to drop tank once. If not, I guess it would have to be the pump but it's not that old.

Attachments

• IMG_1654.jpg
    IMG_1654.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 86