Is there any damage at the track?

There is an update on conditions :Flood stage of the Barren river is 28.0 feet. It is as of 10:45 am Tuesday 38.5 feet. It will supposedly fall below flood stage by Wednesday afternoon. This came from the weather channel website.

I believe this event will cause our event to be canceled. I am no expert but I bet the track surface will need major attention.

i called gsca at 8.00am this morning the event is still a go they said then they talked to dallas joned and track people .they said the track will be open for event .thanks regalwe4 that is what i was told when i called gsca .

Even if the water recedes, you might as well leave the slicks at home and bring some mud tires.

While I did not plan on going to the Nationals, (bad time of year at the day job) I really think they would be better off rescheduling to later in the year. I am sure a lot of folks have already changed their minds about going so why
not just change the date? I am sure the turnout will be dismal at this point. And just because the track is cleaned up, (with a lot of luck and no more rain) what about the surrounding areas? Roads washed out, etc?

I ran car shows for 15 years in my younger days and making the decision to pull the plug is one of the hardest things to do. Hopefully they make a final decision soon for those of you trekking across the country to attend.

i called gsca at 8.00am this morning the event is still a go they said then they talked to dallas joned and track people .they said the track will be open for event .thanks regalwe4 that is what i was told when i called gsca .

For guys like myself this event is from tue-sat.THIS IS THE EVENT!
now maybe they can have it ready for fri and sat(i doubt it)
But going from 5 days to 2 I am no longer calling it an event.

Wow, this is getting old fast

For those who have canceled or never planned on going.... you won't be there:eek:

For the rest of us who still plan on making the best of it, including the GSCA and Dallas at Beech Bend, how bout giving it a break.

Still hoping to salvage a turnout from a very unfortunately event. So how bout a break from the typical TB.com negativity that flourishes on this board.

thanks

and enjoy THE MANY MULTIPLE DAY Buick events that draw this kind of talent and crowds

For those who have canceled or never planned on going.... you won't be there:eek:

For the rest of us who still plan on making the best of it, including the GSCA and Dallas at Beech Bend, how bout giving it a break.

Still hoping to salvage a turnout from a very unfortunately event. So how bout a break from the typical TB.com negativity that flourishes on this board.

thanks

and enjoy THE MANY MULTIPLE DAY Buick events that draw this kind of talent and crowds

Yep.. no reason to be negative..

29817_124368520909816_100000100075674_339562_3419523_n.jpg

Whatever JayC, I'm quite aware of your positive attitude...

To those who stick it out and hopefully attend, hope everyone has a good and safe trip.

Beech Bend is not blessed with the equipment or the people to get the facility ready and up to par within a months time not to mention the equipment they DID have is now possibly under water. This is a major setback for the track and the amusment park. There will be water coming up through the track surface for the rest of the season. The track has always had issues with water leaching up through it after heavy rains, I can only imagine what a flood is capable of!
The club is probably going to have to postpone the event and schedule it at another facility or A LOT of members are gonna be out A LOT of prepaid money! I always elected to pay at the gate and the preregistration penalty due to the unpredictable weather this time of year.
I would be surprised if the GSCA didnt have insurance to cover their "investment" in the event something like this happens.
I think it would speak volumes if the club were to reschedule at another venue, or send preregistration money back,if not.... OH BOY this "little" flood will be the calm before the storm!

Well then if someone plans to salvage this event they might want to think about having someone post Updates on how things are going there in BG, and post them here on TB for EVERYONE! That way the people can make an honest judgement for them selves..

How about some updated pic's?
Info if the water started to reside?
Roads closed due to flooding?
Town Flooded?

We actually need to know these things in order to make a decent desision on what to do with our vacation we had planed, The money we put down and ECT...

Whatever JayC, I'm quite aware of your positive attitude...

To those who stick it out and hopefully attend, hope everyone has a good and safe trip.

You can call it whatever you want.. Im just living in the real world and not fantasy land.

Maybe you can race unicorns and dragons against each other at the event.

i have not been to BG in 10 years(always went in the 90's) i was planning on going and now this!!!!!!!

Me to?:frown:have not bin to BG since 2000 my self,just cancel my rental car.was looking foward going meeting the old school guy's& newguy's to..:frown:

Beech Bend is not blessed with the equipment or the people to get the facility ready and up to par within a months time not to mention the equipment they DID have is now possibly under water. This is a major setback for the track and the amusment park. There will be water coming up through the track surface for the rest of the season. The track has always had issues with water leaching up through it after heavy rains, I can only imagine what a flood is capable of!
The club is probably going to have to postpone the event and schedule it at another facility or A LOT of members are gonna be out A LOT of prepaid money! I always elected to pay at the gate and the preregistration penalty due to the unpredictable weather this time of year.
I would be surprised if the GSCA didnt have insurance to cover their "investment" in the event something like this happens.
I think it would speak volumes if the club were to reschedule at another venue, or send preregistration money back,if not.... OH BOY this "little" flood will be the calm before the storm!

That about sums it up Billy.

They had issues with water seeping back up on the shutdown area last year from some heavy rains the week prior. IF they did somehow manage to have the event, 1/8th mile would be the best anyone could hope for due to safety reasons.

I never pre-register for this event due to the weather and the fact they won't give refunds or rainchecks which is another topic altogether. While many have issues with the GSCA, no one can deny that this is THE Buick event of the year. Personally, I hope they reschedule and/or move it rather than try to make ice cream out of crap.

You can call it whatever you want.. Im just living in the real world and not fantasy land.

This is what is so difficult about this type of situation.......being realistic. Everyone wants to be optimistic and think that they (those at the track itself) can work a miracle and open it up for us. But in reality.....I'm sorry to say......it is going to take months to clean up a flood of this magnitude. I predict that they won't be able to race at BB again until August sometime, and that is only if the insurance company works quickly (which we all know does not happen) and if Dallas and his crew work harder than humanly possible on their end.....along with tons of volunteer help from the locals. How many of us really know what kind of insurance the park has against this sort of thing anyway.....has it ever happened?

I wouldn't wish this on anyone....and I hope I'm wrong about my predictions here, but I really can't see it happening any other way.

So many positive people on this board... meteorologist, geologist too :rolleyes:

positive attitude is one thing BUT did you see the FLOODING !!??:eek: Come on. I was there the "rain out year" that is NOTHING compared to what is happening down there right now. So ya think the water by the scoreboards hasn't done any damage ??? It was a mudpit the rain year that didn't go away along with water coming up threw the track. Track would be ready to go after a long drying spell .. They would go to race an had to stop.. NOT good for drag racing!! (I have pics but I cant find em :frown:)
>>>I hope they do something but I have no idea what the GSCA can do now. I always had a great time down there . oh well.. to those that are still goin have fun!! :cool: