Is there any damage at the track?

Yeah - there's a difference between being pessimistic and realistic. Some people on here just come across a little more abrasive than others.:rolleyes:

everybody needs to have positive attiude about situation .i just posted what i was told .i thought some people would liketo know .negativty sucks .be positive not negative .thanks regalwe4

You can call it whatever you want.. Im just living in the real world and not fantasy land.

Maybe you can race unicorns and dragons against each other at the event.

Dragons can't swim.

Just sayin ..........

On the V-8 board it was just posted that this event has been canceled and the rain dates are October 19-23. If you go to the GSCA web site you will see this has been posted there as well. They will get a newsletter out to let everyone know about the change. Hopefully people who don't get internet find out as well.

Darn! I was trying to be positive too. I had my fingers crossed, clapped my heels together 3 times and said "There's no place like Bowling Green" and said a prayer. Didn't work. Time to unload the trailer.

On the V-8 board it was just posted that this event has been canceled and the rain dates are October 19-23. If you go to the GSCA web site you will see this has been posted there as well. They will get a newsletter out to let everyone know about the change. Hopefully people who don't get internet find out as well.

Got a link to the gsca web site where it's posted??? I can't find anything official anywhere.

RESCHEDULED OCTOBER 20 - 23, 2010 - www.gsnationals.com

GS NATIONALS .:. BUICK GSCA GS NATIONALS OFFICIAL WEB SITE.

updated....

RESCHEDULED OCTOBER 20 - 23, 2010

BUICK 30TH ANNUAL GS NATIONALS
Beech Bend Raceway Park
Bowling Green, Kentucky

Smile - Be Happy --- at least we are home and not caught in the middle AND we have 2 events back to back... I'll be at both... KY & GA

Jay most of the time you are a dick when you reply & I just shake my head, BUT that post is funny as hell.

Well, I know I kind of come off abrasive sometimes and thats mainly because I look at all the threads and its the same recycled stuff Ive been reading for the last 25 years. It gets a little old after a while.

That being said, Im glad they rescheduled the event for those that are going. I hope too many people didn't lose money on plane tickets, etc.

It was pretty obvious from those pictures there's no way that place will be race ready in 10 days. Even if some miracle happened and they managed to get the place dried out and disinfected and open, the ground is so saturated, the track will probably be crap for a month or so with water coming up out of the ground.

I'd be really worried about going to that track anytime in the near future anyway. The amount of bacteria floating around at that place has to be insane. All the animal waste in the river that has floated around Beech Bend, they're going to have to do some SERIOUS decontamination and they really cant do that until the place is cleaned up.

Kudos to the GSCA for rescheduling. There really wasn't another option. Its good to see the event wont be half assed.