Is the site running slow

Same here! EXTREAMLY slow.. aol was almost quicker!

Still no email notifications either.

this site is always slow for me- even on my 7MB cable internet at home, it loads like any other page on the 120k DSL at my mom's.

for anyone else?
Feels like I have AOL back.

Same here! EXTREAMLY slow.. aol was almost quicker!

this site is always slow for me- even on my 7MB cable internet at home, it loads like any other page on the 120k DSL at my mom's.

Head on over to turbobuicks.com then with the other 4 people that post over there. I work hard to keep this place running right and inconsiderate jackasses like you guys make me wonder why i bother.

I was just posting to see if anyone else was having problems or if it was on my computer.
I am out so you don't have to bother trying to fix something.

Head on over to turbobuicks.com then with the other 4 people that post over there. I work hard to keep this place running right and inconsiderate jackasses like you guys make me wonder why i bother.

Are you for real??:confused: 10+ year members post the site is running slow for us and were now called "inconsiderate jackasses"? Wow... just wow:frown:

No one said you didnt work hard or wernt doing a good job..

wow.. someone's feeling sensitive today.. this site is always slower than other sites i go to- that's a fact. no disrespect implied or intended. just saying it's slow.

it's slow on 3 different computers with 2 different operating systems (Vista, XP)for me, and on the latest versions of 2 different browsers (IE and Firefox).

again, no disrespect intended, but if you want to take it that way, that's something you've got to deal with, i guess.

Are you for real??:confused: 10+ year members post the site is running slow for us and were now called "inconsiderate jackasses"? Wow... just wow:frown: No one said you didnt work hard or wernt doing a good job..

x2 couldn't even log on the other day....'database errors'.....

I dont find that it runs slow at all. I see database errors every once in a blue moon but as far as speed I havent noticed it running slow

for a site that is free there isnt much to complain about imo. I find other car sites to be way slower then this one but thats just me I guess

This site is NOT slow, but it does definitely now (as of about 2-3 weeks) redirect you to some filestore123 site. I never had the issue until the site was down 2-3 weeks ago for a day or so. This happens consistently/daily on 6 different computers.

I really appreciate what the owners/administrators/moderators do and I thank you. That being said, the answer to the orginal question was a little severe. I understand that this is done as a passion, not as a business, and that sometimes it could seem that people aren't appreciative, but the VAST majority are.

Also I would not mind paying a yearly fee, eventhough, I truly do believe it would probably hurt the site's attendance and posts. I am a member on about 6 other sites and not one of them charges.

Go to Toyotanation.com Talk about slow. I was going to ask them to lessen my membership fee but then I realized there wasn't one:tongue:

Slow here too off and on.

Not to mention periods lasting several minutes of "Database Error", and you can't view anything.

But what do us "inconsiderate jackasses" know? :rolleyes:

The motto here should be "No feedback is the best feedback". ;)

This site is NOT slow, but it does definitely now (as of about 2-3 weeks) redirect you to some filestore123 site. I never had the issue until the site was down 2-3 weeks ago for a day or so. This happens consistently/daily on 6 different computers.

I really appreciate what the owners/administrators/moderators do and I thank you. That being said, the answer to the orginal question was a little severe. I understand that this is done as a passion, not as a business, and that sometimes it could seem that people aren't appreciative, but the VAST majority are.

Also I would not mind paying a yearly fee, eventhough, I truly do believe it would probably hurt the site's attendance and posts. I am a member on about 6 other sites and not one of them charges.

Go to Toyotanation.com Talk about slow. I was going to ask them to lessen my membership fee but then I realized there wasn't one:tongue:

The filestore123.info re-direct is definitely a problem. I get it too, several times a day.

Google redirecting to filestore123.info

It seems to be an issue with server security as others have mentioned in the above thread.

I agree that paying a yearly fee would drive away most of the membership, especially since the vast majority of online forums are free.

The filestore123.info re-direct is definitely a problem. I get it too, several times a day.

Google redirecting to filestore123.info

It seems to be an issue with server security as others have mentioned in the above thread.

I agree that paying a yearly fee would drive away most of the membership, especially since the vast majority of online forums are free.

The redirecting is because the search engine optimization software we use has been compromised. Thats the price you pay when you run old software. When the license is updated and I can download the latest version, Ill fix it. In the meantime, I disabled the SEO software which gets rid of the problem. Please note that the breach has absolutely nothing to do with any user information. Its simply an exploit that sends the traffic elsewhere.

Far as the database errors, again, fixable but not without a substantial money layout for a slave server. Its simply a matter of too many people trying to access the site at once. The database allows X number of connections and once they are exceeded, you get an error.

Moving to VB4 will solve some of this because we're going to remove a lot of mods that query the database.

See that counter at the bottom for Big Boards? That tracks your ranking against the largest forums on the internet. This board started ranked over 2000. Its down under 1000 now and dropping. This forum is popular. Thats great but from an IT management standpoint, when you have something this popular with a small budget, you had to do the best you can.

Jay is working very hard to keep this place up and going. We are trying to find the right person for a task before the upgrade is done. Everything is in the works as I am watching my TB.com funds through the event. Hopefully everything will transition to the new software soon...

Please understand with all the security risks and other issues involved in a board of this size it is not like running a personal web site... As Jay said we are in the top 1000 on big boards...

Far as being slow, very occasionally I see it take a little longer than usual to load. I don't have the problems many are having for some reason. We can't fix what we don't see happen ourselves... Again, as Jay said the upgrade will fix a lot of bugs so....

I have been on all day and haven't had it blink wrong:frown::confused::confused:

Ughh, this is frustating...

If you are having problems please list what security items you have turned on. I wondering if it is a google ad thing:confused:

I just have windows stuff on most of the time, nothing fancy...