Is the cable for the E-Brake from the pedal one piece or two.

Morbid

I need to replace the E-Brake Cable running along the underbody on the DS.

The one that snapped runs from a connector located about under the DS Door to the Equalizer Plate in the back where the Rear Cables come in. It's called a intermediate cable and I can get it special order (no returns).

The parts people are saying that there should only be a front cable which I guess would run all the way to the back.

But I can clearly see the connector where the two lines are spliced.

It's a one piece cable. I had a hard time getting the old one out until I just cut it. It was difficult getting to the metal tabs that hold the cable in.

Oh and I bought all three cables for the emergency brake from rockauto also get them through nos4gn.com

Thanks man. I got on the phone w/nos4gn yesterday and got things sorted. Talk about customer service they are top notch.

I explained to the guy on the phone that the FSM called for a intermediate cable but no one sold one and the front cable is only 4' so it can't reach the equalizer in the back.

He went out and did some measuring and told me the left rear cable is the one that goes up through the equalizer and up to the connector.

He also said it's best to replace all three at the same time since if one goes the others aren't far behind. Having experienced that with my brake lines
I took him at his word and ordered all three.

RockAuto want's 5 days from date of order to ship them.

What did you cut the line with? I tried a pair of cable cutters and got no where.

I replaced all three at the same time. I was getting stuck with the tabs along the floor holding the cable after it slides into the fire wall. I believe I got in there with my 4" grinder. Basically anything you can get in there with a metal cut off wheel.

There is hole for it with a rubber grommet. It's so much easier to do if you have the fender off the car. I can't remeber if I had to fish the grommet through or did I just cut it open to wrap it around the cable. It's not that bad. Try using a long flat head screw driver to push the rubber back into the hole.

Okay, I was just reading the FSM and it says to drop the lower rear bolt for the wheelhouse to get access to the firewall.
If that doesn't work I'll try the fishing method.