Is the 86/87 Efan just bolt in?

Brad_H

Will the 86/87 Evans bolt into our ha.....I have the wiring kit from gbody's!

you need to get the larger radiator and the radiator top plate... i'm running a 3 core copper/brass radiator out of an 83 Cutlass that i parted out, with a top plate i got off a different Cutlass in the junkyard... you can also use an 82-92 Camaro/Firebird radiator, but it's not a direct bolt in due to the different lower radiator hose and trans cooler fitting locations..
you also needed to change the upper radiator hose to reach the water outlet on the radiator since it's a few inches farther away- i think i used a hose for an 86/87 GN, but i did the swap back in 2005 so my memory might be a little off..

putting in the electric fan was one of the best things i did to the car to make it easier to work on- there is a ton of room between the engine and radiator with the factory shroud and clutch fan out of the way..

Wouldn't it make sense to leave the factory fan shroud in place or does it cool fine without?

Wouldn't it make sense to leave the factory fan in place or does it cool fine without?
The factory fan runs off the engine so it eats power and takes up space in the engine compartment. An electric fan doesn't eat power, and is slimmer making it easier to work on the car.

I do not know if the 86/87 fan will bolt on but I'd like to know.

I have the fbody radiator and my tranny lines reached just fine, my hoses also did, the radiator bolted right in, it was a little tight though but now the car runs a lot cooler.

Sorry
The factory fan runs off the engine so it eats power and takes up space in the engine compartment. An electric fan doesn't eat power, and is slimmer making it easier to work on the car.

I do not know if the 86/87 fan will bolt on but I'd like to know.

I have the fbody radiator and my tranny lines reached just fine, my hoses also did, the radiator bolted right in, it was a little right though but now the car runs a lot cooler.
sorry I re edited my post......I know the benefits my ipad just messed up lol. I ment fan shroud for better air flow with the electric fan

Is there a certain electric fan setup from another vehicle that will fit in place with very little modification?

Is there a certain electric fan setup from another vehicle that will fit in place with very little modification?
I'm using a ford Taurus Efan ....I just drilled 2 holes for mine but I also kept the stock shoud.a little trimming on shroud
image.jpg

Im going to use the dual fans from a f body no trimming necessary, only thing needed is a small piece of angle iron to mount it to the core support at the bottom and a g body v8 radiator hold down for the top.

If you use the Fbody radiator on the hotair, I have used the stock 86/87 radiator cover & electric fan or Ramchargers (Intrepid) dual fans. Remove the stock 84/85 shroud as it just becomes in the way.

I left mine in for factory look. Don't know why I was thinking better air flow :0 my bad

i don't have a pic of it, but i'm running a 16" Hayden fan that i found on another Regal in a junkyard (it was wired in with house wire and a light switch...) and got for $10. between that and the 3 core radiator out of a Cutlass i parted out, the car never gets above the 170 degrees or so that the Turbo Tweak chip turns the fan on..

I am using a fan from a Fiero, junkyard pull, $20 if I remember correctly. Made to brackets from 1"x1/8" aluminum flat stock to bolt up on top. Remove the shroud, it is not needed.

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick1386258331.917812.jpg
This is my setup. 77 chevy Monte Carlo 3 core radiator & flex a lite fans. I wanna try the Ramchargers fan setup but I mocked them up last week & they're like 1/8 of an inch to big for the cu1037 radiator. I want both coolers on the radiator so my options are limited.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

View attachment 208487This is my setup. 77 chevy Monte Carlo 3 core radiator & flex a lite fans. I wanna try the Ramchargers fan setup but I mocked them up last week & they're like 1/8 of an inch to big for the cu1037 radiator. I want both coolers on the radiator so my options are limited.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I have the dual ramcharger fans and had to grind off the 1/8 inch from the sides of the fans so that they would fit.

I have the dual ramcharger fans and had to grind off the 1/8 inch from the sides of the fans so that they would fit.

Brad
I got a RAMCHARGERs also and I was wondering what is the best way to wire up the dual fans? Summit had a dual relay fan kit for $67.00? Caspers and Racetronix both have kits?

Brad
I got a RAMCHARGERs also and I was wondering what is the best way to wire up the dual fans? Summit had a dual relay fan kit for $67.00? Caspers and Racetronix both have kits?

I started with the Caspers Hot Air conversion kit 102066. with a single fan. Added Dual Ramargers and started burning out the relay. Added Caspers dual fan relay kit 109069 by adjusting the plug to match the kit 102066. Never had another issue. The Caspers delay relay module 109086 really helps the electric loan on fan start up. Brad