Is 'Storage Wars' fake?

I always thought this show had to be staged. It seems Mr. Hester is blowing the whistle:

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2012/12/storage-wars-sued-dave-hester-show-faked
Yeah, I've been watching the show several times and been wondering the same thing.:rolleyes: They always have the same bidders on every show... and about these bidders...are they millionaires to buy everything they see? It wouldn't take very long for most people I know to go bankrupt acting that way! :confused:
If they had different people every time taken from the general public, it would give the show much credibility and would be more fun to watch 'cause it gets boring after just a few episodes. I since stopped watching it .

Claude.

TV in general is brutal:rolleyes:Thats why I go on the forums BUT I just got net flix and they have some good old shows.You know from the old days when sex was safe and cars would kill ya ;)

Kevin

The way I see it is who in their right mind is going to leave valuable stuff in a locker and not pay the bill. Get that valuable stuff out before you stop paying! Duh. I understand when someone dies and nobody knows that they have a storage locker but that can't happen that often. So I say it is set up.

My wife and I know some people who buy lockers but the stuff they get is flea market type crap.

Most, if not all, shows like that are based on a real concept that they run with and modify to make it more interesting for tv. There really are people that buy out storage units and part them out for profit but it's not like what you see on tv. Theres one local auctioneer that does it, buys them in the bigger cities around us and brings it all back here and auctions it all piece by piece. I usually try to go to their auctions because you have absolutely no idea what they might come up with. Things like car stereo stuff and aftermarket wheels and odd accessories don't sell well at auction out here, I've scored a few deals. There was a set of genuine dayton wire wheels one time with wide white walls on them, really nice shape but the spindles/knockoffs were missing. They couldn't get a bid at first and they eventually sold for $40 for the set to some farmer, who I guarantee used the 14" tires as rollers for some implement and chucked the daytons in his iron pile.

People really do run around the country "picking" old barns, but that show is fake too. Maybe not completely fake, but they plant a lot of the big $$$ rare stuff you see being pulled.

I used to watch that show but gave up on it a year or so ago. I watched a couple of episodes with my wife and we both came to the same conclusion, there is no way people are going to throw down as much money as they do on a locker full of crap hoping to make a profit. After that I was done. It doesn't surpise me that it ended up being fake. I do like Brandi's boobs though. :D

Neal

Obviously they can film every locker sold, and only show the few that are interesting and that the standard cast of characters actually won and found interesting stuff in.
After that its probably all scripted.

Tru Tv has a show called "Hard Core Pawn" filmed her in Detroit, I was talking to a local here who was approached by the show about an antique he had listed on craigslist that they were interested in putting on the show, they offered him more money that he had it listed for if he would come on TV and start high then haggle down to the agreed price with the shop owner. It is just "entertainment" I guess

Lizard Lick Towing does the same stuff. They paid a bar owner here $500 to film in his place. I dont know that that show started off fake but it got so out there so quick, it was obvious when they spun it off on to its own show, it was fake. Ronnie Shirley married me and my wife, that was supposed to have been featured on the show too but for various reasons, that didnt end up happening. I wasnt really looking forward to that so Im glad it fell through.

10-15 years ago my wife and I were hitting some private storage auctions but if your not a Antique Dealer you won't be able to compete much. These guys can afford more than you and can wait to sell it down the road. If you don't have deep pockets you won't get much. And a lot of people would get way to excited and over pay. I got tired of this and quit going.

It's not to the extent of this show though, paying $1500.00 to $3000.00 is just crazy. I've seen huge boxes (that you can't open) go for $50 to $100 each and I wouldn't pay more than $20. You might get lucky but most often probably not.

You can always tell who the dealers were they bid the most money. lol My wife was bidding on a chair that she wanted another bidder (Dealer) asked her Ma'am do you really want that chair? She told em yes and he stopped bidding.

Another thing about this show they tell you at the end how much money they made or lost? There is no way they are selling this stuff that fast not in this economy. And there pricing stuff as they pull it out of the storage unit pleaseeeeee if they can get of those prices we would all be rich. I think Dip shit Darrell is got to be the worst when comes to pricing.

ok have to ask... What "reality" show IS real ??? All staged crap as far as I can see....

ok have to ask... What "reality" show IS real ??? All staged crap as far as I can see....

Just like Saturday night wrestling! lol It's entertainment. I don't mind these shows like Storage wars, it's the shows like American Idot and these dancing shows I hate that crap!