Is it reasonable?

RickWI

Is it reasonable that I should start bugging you tranny builders to build me up a tranny for a N/A 600 CI big block which should spin the dyno about 900HP, and about 700 lb/ft of torque. Like to go with the 200 for sure. Bruce's is working PERFECT for me right now even with a juiced up new cam and 100 horse shot on top so far. So I know this one is good for 800 or so. Thing is the big block motor will have MUCH more torque down low compared to mine, its mini tubbed, will be kind of heavy (3700) and will at times have 12" slicks for the track. So this thing will come out of the hole standing up big time. I'm just wondering if things will live under those conditions.

We'd like to drive it to the track as well. :D

I'm not a trans expert, but I think 900 hp is asking too much from a 200, even with all billet components. See what the pros say.:cool:

too much power?

Rick, if you want the thing to be a daily driver was well as a track monster, then overdrive is the way to go. It will handle it, but as in all things with that much hp, you may break things sooner or later. The 400 will carry you beyond that on the power side, but you are sacrificing drivability. If you add an overdrive to it, you are adding more weight. We know the 200 4R will take it, it's just a matter of how you thrash it that matters. It all comes down to the fact you are getting up there in hp to be hitting the streets with a driver. Let us know if we can answer any specific questions on it for you. thanks, Mark

Mark, it will be no problem running this thing on the street, trust me. If I can do it with 700 hp in a "small block" this should be no sweat. The cam in the big block will actually be the same size or a bit smaller than What I am currently running in my small block in fact. Not having overdrive though is not an option. In other words it has to happen somehow. Either with the 200, which would be the first choice due to size, or maybe a 4L80E. With the 80E though we need to add another computer, more junk to package somewhere and man those things are pig heavy.