is it an age thing or what?

jamesgs4

this is the bike im buying this summer(see attached pic)mine will be denim(flat)black. all of the old timers that ride at work hate it? is it because of the new tech they are afraid of it? or is it the styling? i love the way it looks, and i couldnt care less if it is water or air cooled. it is just plain bad a$$ to me.

Attachments

• 2007_vrscdx_1024.jpg
    2007_vrscdx_1024.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 424
Its just a mentality thing. Most Harley guys just want a loud, chromed out bike they can put ugly half-naked fat chicks on the back of. The whole new idea of water cooling and fuel injection scares them. I dont know why that is, just my observation from the Harley guys ive worked with in the past. Those V-Rods are nice bikes, have fun with it. Also, dont let those old guys mess with ya, just point out the oil stains on the pavement where they park;)

James

It’s a "deferent thing"

The same way I can’t bring my self to buy a FWD car.
To this day I have not owned one yet.

My wife is 5' 2 100 lbs...none of my bikes leak oil.

Buy the V. Its Bad Azz. :cool:

I have heard this before that most Harley guys dont like the VROD. I think it is hands-down their best bike. Go for it!

Nightrod Special

Mine is Vivid Black with Denim stripes. Unfortunetly, I've only got to ride it 3 times. Less than 50 miles total. It's sleeping in the garage just waiting for some good weather.:biggrin: I loved my '03 Gunmetal Blue Nighttrain, but this Nightrod Special is wicked. I love it!:cool:

One of my brothers is a H-D guy, and is crazy about his bikes. It isn't really the styling or the injection, etc. imo. Most H-D guys simply like that original H-D look, and the VROD is different. That said, I don't know many H-D guys who don't like the VROD at least as much as the Sportster. Most dislike the tank on the Sportster, but otherwise like the bike. It looks different from others mostly due to that tiny tank and that can be switched out. You can't make the same kind of changes with the VROD. Most H-D's don't leak oil anymore.

A former brother-in-law has 2 H-D's, one is a 2006 Ultra Classic, the other a 1976 Hardtail, which he bought new in 1975. It has over 200,000 miles on the clock, according to him and he's ridden it all over the country and into Mexico. He's even ridden it from NE Ohio to the Sturgis bike week some 15 times now. That guy isn't a VROD fan, but says he'd ride one if not for the preferred models, simply because it's a H-D. My brother has a 1999 FLSTF and it's about maxed. He adores it, and not only got rid of his Honda 1100, but also purchased two more H-D's since then, a Sportster he sold right away, and a 1999 Heritage Classic(or is that special?). He's down in FL now for Daytona's Bike Week and took a friend with a 2002 Sportster. Unlike my former in-law, they trailered the bikes, which kept them out of bad weather.

Those guys are all between 40 and 60, btw, so age may not play the biggest role. I think it's all about "what I want" when it comes to bike choices. Personally, I like crotch-rockets about at much as cruisers, but prefer off-road capable bikes most. Hence, my S/N.:D

If you like it, buy it.

Cars and bikes seem to only impress dudes - I buy cars that impress me, not other dudes.

I'm one of those old Harley guys (60), but that's a really nice bike. Buy it and enjoy it. If anyone tell you they don't like it, bitch slap them.

I saw several today. Of course, that had alot to do with having gone to an H-D dealer and then to Daytona(since it's Bike Week). Had a good time, but didn't even think to take a camera. My brother did though, and I'm hoping for pics.:D

One of those I saw today was a drag race bike, wheelie bars and all. They were asking over 30K for it.:eek:

The guy I actally bought my GN from is wanting one of these Vrods. He says they have already sold every 2007 Nightrod they have built and there is no more. Or atleast that is what the dealer told him. Is that true??

Beautiful bike only issue is that if you are 6'2' or more it is a . . . hrmm a small bike.

Enjoy it and have fun.

Later AJ

that bike is bad azz. i was looking at it in the stealership not long ago myself. this year all the harleys are fuel injected and from what my buddy told me that sells them at the stealer it will not be real long till all the harleys are water cooled tool. something about emisions and such. he told me that the v-rod is the fastest bike that they have and the cleanest burning too. dave

Buy that bike. who cares what people think. some people just cant handle change and modern technology:eek: .that bike is crazy looking. i love it. just buy it. because i cant:frown: take some good pics of that bike next to a gn and post pics. good luck with that bad boy.

Could be because the V-Rod motor was developed with the help of Porsche, which in the eyes of most die-hard harley owners is a step away from blasphemy.:cool:

I agree with fitz3820.
If you like it, buy it. I bought my PT Cruiser because I liked it, I thought the Inferno Red was a wicked color. Ive had a lot of people say they hate them, but get a good look at mine and they change their mind. If we had to get everyone elses opinion before buying something, we would all be driving a f-body or a stang instead of our Buicks!
BTW, thats a sweet looking bike. I love Harleys, never really been a crotch rocket fan, and I'd buy one of those in a heartbeat. (After winning the lottery first, of course!) :cool:

I gotta say, I hate harleys, and IF I even did get a motorcycle (I won't because I am afraid of my own capabilities), I would get a crotch rocket. With that being said, that looks like one bad-A$$ bike! I say forget what everyone thinks. I hate when people have the same crap as me anyways. Most people nowadays are nothing but clicking sellouts. Sorry just had to vent. But sweet bike!

I gotta say, I hate harleys, and IF I even did get a motorcycle (I won't because I am afraid of my own capabilities), I would get a crotch rocket. With that being said, that looks like one bad-A$$ bike! I say forget what everyone thinks. I hate when people have the same crap as me anyways. Most people nowadays are nothing but clicking sellouts. Sorry just had to vent. But sweet bike!

i used to have a 98 r1, but i couldnt stay out of trouble with it. 150mph+ is like a drug addiction. if i kept it, i dont think i would be here today :eek: