Is Bristol gonna happen???

EightSecV6

MDBL
I dont think Jim frequents this board as much as he used to but...I have not heard any dates for Bristol 2003. The turn out last year was not that good, probably due to weather and such. Just wondering if anyone has seen or heard anything.
Bill

Its not looking good.....and I like going to Bristol.
If your interested we down hear in Florida are having our first big Buick event on March 2nd ....I'll be putting details soon in the Florida section
I would love to see your car inperson ( I have all the pictures )

Jesse

What part of Florida?

Bradenton Fl about 30 min south of Tampa.
All Buicks,TTA,or buick drivetrain are welcome.
SE Turbo , Jack Cotton , Champion racing heads, Hartline Performance , KDK Performance, IMMAuto Specialties & Florida fastest stage motors and stock 109 block will be there.

Thanks
Jesse

I've been there before that's a really nice track. I might be there in April for a Street Car Shootout. Frank

I might be there in April for a Street Car Shootout. Frank

Frank
Come and support our Buicks and bring some turbos
Florida has a lot of GN's here and there will be alot at the March event. Details are posted in the Florida section.

Jesse

Kind of figured that Scott, one of the premier tracks in the country and we couldnt get a big enough count there to keep an event.

I am quite surprised that this hasn't generated more interest/displeasure from "our people"...:confused:

Maybe it was the right time.:(

Really, no Bristol? I have been there racing every year except '00 as I was getting married that week. Drove ~14 hours each way as a part of Cotton's crew.

This really bums me out, the greatest track I have ever been too, great people and we couldn't make it happen.

I will really miss it. It was great while it lasted...

Mark Fitzgerald
87 GN 11.9 @ 115

Perhaps these "people" don't feel as if there is anything they can do about it. To be blunt, no Bristol just sux...

Dang....Man I hop BOP at Reynolds is still going ot happen.I see there are date's... This is the one I can get to.....

No Bristol.... :(

I was waiting for the dates to take off as my vacation week.
I hope there will be one as all this talk is unofficial.
Artie

This does suck, first I've heard about it. I have never been to Bristol before because my car is never running right when it comes time. I was looking forward to trying to make it this time.

Cheese and rice man.....

I love going to that track! :mad: I was just talking with someone about Bristol yesterday. Now I'll have to figure out somewhere else to go that takes 12 hours. :rolleyes:

For the record, I think Bristol is the best 1/4 mile track I've ever been to. Never had the pleasure of racing there, but man it's a nice place. This is just a shame, and that's an understatement.

Scott, you gonna set up another track for the TSM class then?

Re: TSM Schedule

Originally posted by Tom87GN
Scott, you gonna set up another track for the TSM class then?
We are running at six (6) events this year. (Its not on the website yet as I am having access issues.)

• Bradenton, FL Sunday March 2
  • Norwalk, OH Friday April 2
  • Bowling Green, KY Friday May 16
  • Morocco, IN Saturday September 13
  • Reynolds, GA Saturday November 8
  • Las Vegas - (date unconfirmed as yet, usually November)

BTW, it has been confirmed by several people that Jim Haas will not be running a BOP @ Bristol event this year. :( :( :(

Oh well, life changes all the time and we must roll with the punches sometimes. Too bad, I actually like the drive to Bristol too. :( Good luck in TSM this year Scott!!! We'll be watching. See you over in Norwalk.

It's true no Bristol.. I have the emails from Jim Haas. He said he was concentrating his efforts on BPG.

Sully