The internet is the devil

TURBOTIMMER

I’m not much for social media. I had to be begged by my friends and wife to join FB, which I did just a few months ago. With all the shit talking and political BS, I already regret it. I rarely post here in the lounge, and I don’t post 1000 pics and boast about my cars. I come here to gain knowledge, insight and sometimes inspiration when my stuff is broke and I can’t get motivated to fix it.

Basically, I’m venting because of what I see happening. On the first page of the lounge right now, two different vendors are being called out for either work performed and/or their reputation. I’ve been around here for a long time, and thru the years, I’ve talked to and had dealings with both of these individuals. They probably don’t know my name, but they have both helped me out without asking for anything in return, just as I’ve seen them do with a lot of you. Yet, someone can get on a keyboard and try to ruin a reputation with no recourse. I used to bitch about how vendors are giving up on Buicks. Not anymore. Who wants to deal with all this drama? It’s a small community, so if something negative gets posted here, chances are, 80% of the people that own these cars are gonna read about it. So to all the shit sturrers and troublemakers, for the love of God, think long and hard about what you’re typing before you potentially ruin somebody’s reputation or lively hood.

I agree. However I don't think any vendor's reputation is being ruined in these cases. I think both threads give the vendors more credibility. It's a shame you have to defend yourself at times.

I personally would like to see more pictures of your 9 second ride so I guess we'll just have to disagree on that one

Seriously though the weak and gullible are being heavily influenced through the garbage belief system that exist on the net. Scary to that its somewhat raising our children.

Seriously though the weak and gullible are being heavily influenced through the garbage belief system that exist on the net. Scary to that its somewhat raising our children.
I couldn’t have said it better. I fear for the kind of world that my kids are gonna grow up to. Facebook is terrible. People type stuff that they never would say to each other face to face. Total strangers calling each other names. I see it on the turbo buick groups and also on a lot of political stuff. The division of the country seems amplified by social media.

Hope you don't think that was direct at you. I can hardly get a point across much less proper grammar.

Too, meaning in addition. to, as in a direction, and then there is two, the number

I find the conjecture of any thread interesting, and take the advice my grand father gave me, " believe none of what you hear and about half of what you read". And he passed way before social media. I think he got it right.

It's not even winter yet!
I think it’s a great thing that we can talk about these cars coast to coast in a matter of seconds. However the flip side is that 10 minutes ago a native on a South Pacific inland just farted and now someone on CNN just reported what it smell like. If we want the good we are stuck with the bad and the ugly.

I agree Tim. That guy's "horror story" is a disgrace to the hobby.
Thru all his posts, it is clear to me that he cannot be made happy. He is also well known on the v8buick board which I have been on for 16 years. He’s getting the same responses over there. Some people just get thru life in spite of themselves, and he has proven to be one of them.

The Internet was great... Until the invention of inexpensive "smart-phones".

The Internet was great... Until the invention of inexpensive "smart-phones".

Yep, not only that but families would actually talk to each other when ever they would be together plus people couldn't "Tweet", "Facebook", and "Snapchat", or what ever the newest app is, every minute of the day. They actually had to sit down behind a computer to put something on-line. I think time on-line was more precious then than it is now so people respected it more. Now it is so taken for granted that people don't mind wasting bandwidth on such useless chit as posting selfies and talking about their coffee.
So...….

"Smart-phones are the :devil: !!!"

Too, meaning in addition. to, as in a direction, and then there is two, the number

I find the conjecture of any thread interesting, and take the advice my grand father gave me, " believe none of what you hear and about half of what you read". And he passed way before social media. I think he got it right.

I was always told: a smart man believes half what he hears, a genius knows which half to believe.
Some days are better than others.