Is 4g pretty fast?

It sounds like you're talking about tethering.
Here's a link you should read first:

[9to5Mac] AT&T Going After Jailbreakers? - Overclock.net - Overclocking.net

This is for at&t and iPhone users.....sprint and android users don't have this problem..... you are talking apples and we are talking oranges... no pun intended

Sprint is trying to compete with the iPhone so if you know how to use your phone its free game, shoot they will even give you your MSL if you call and ask for it. Which doesn't really matter because if you know what you can do with it you could find it anyways.... ie pay for the cheapest data restricted plan and change your phone settings to unlimited data.... and that's just the tip of the iceberg.... I'm still waiting for the "that's against the law you should go to jail" or "people like you just drive the prices up for everyone else" responses... I wont dare start a "how to get unlimited music, movie, TV, software and games for under $30 a month" thread...lol
Now that I think about it...pm for more details...

This is for at&t and iPhone users.....sprint and android users don't have this problem..... you are talking apples and we are talking oranges... no pun intended

Sprint is trying to compete with the iPhone so if you know how to use your phone its free game, shoot they will even give you your MSL if you call and ask for it. Which doesn't really matter because if you know what you can do with it you could find it anyways.... ie pay for the cheapest data restricted plan and change your phone settings to unlimited data.... and that's just the tip of the iceberg.... I'm still waiting for the "that's against the law you should go to jail" or "people like you just drive the prices up for everyone else" responses... I wont dare start a "how to get unlimited music, movie, TV, software and games for under $30 a month" thread...lol
Now that I think about it...pm for more details...

You missed the trees for the forest.:)

You can use wireless tethering software from the market for free. You dont need the $29.99 addon.

Sprints 4g network not being true 4g is old news... I get 4g at and all around my home and run it all day long pulling 5mbps on the low end and around 8mbps when its really flying. That beats the hell out of both at&t and the Verizon network. As for the battery life when you use Wimax....That's easily fixed by using a app called setcpu.

8 whole mbps!! :eek: When you hit a 100 let us know, then you'll be running true 4G.

Ok so I have iPhone 3GS and debating about getting a new iPhone 5 (rumored to be June or July ). This thread has been a real education for me! Atat network is horrible, I drop a ton of calls! Internet is quick to me but it seems like it's slow compared to everyone else.

Phone wise what do you guys recommend and what carrier? I'm debating about going to Verizon or Sprint! I have had all 3 in the past!

Post up tech gurus!

I want to eliminate a monthly 135.00 phone bill and catch up with the best bang for the buck and eliminate throwing away money!

Guess people reading this wouldn't be surprised I'm still running a '89 ATR chip and exhaust on the GN! Time to step up with modern technology!

8 whole mbps!! :eek: When you hit a 100 let us know, then you'll be running true 4G.

We all know "4g" is not true 4g yet now that you have said it 20 times.... I hate to break it yo you but 8mbps is super fast... I know a couple iPhone users and they average 4 to 5mbps and that is about as fast as you really need anyways. I was just pointing out the fact that sprint has the fastest network... at least for now

Ok so I have iPhone 3GS and debating about getting a new iPhone 5 (rumored to be June or July ). This thread has been a real education for me! Atat network is horrible, I drop a ton of calls! Internet is quick to me but it seems like it's slow compared to everyone else.

Phone wise what do you guys recommend and what carrier? I'm debating about going to Verizon or Sprint! I have had all 3 in the past!

Post up tech gurus!

I want to eliminate a monthly 135.00 phone bill and catch up with the best bang for the buck and eliminate throwing away money!

Guess people reading this wouldn't be surprised I'm still running a '89 ATR chip and exhaust on the GN! Time to step up with modern technology!

I'm no guru but I am liking my new phone. I really thought I needed a key board but the screen keyboard works great. If atnt isn't good for you go to the net and price some different plans elsewhere. I did and with my family plan and the service we have at and t works best for me with four lines and unlimited text and talk and my unlimited internet and the wife has the $15/mo internet, it runs.us about $200/mo. I couldn't find us better deal.

I don't like Apple so I won't own one. The plan seemed expensive. One of my friends had two iPhone, one for him and one for his wife and just those two were running him two hundred a month.

I've been using PDAnet with my Droid for about the past year for my internet. So far so good! I live out here in the boonies and that or satellite is my only option. I had satellite before I started tethering, I shut it down after I tested the tethering for a couple months. Saved me $66 a month!! Can't wait till the towers around here change over to the 4g stuff!!

I just picked up the new thunderbolt from verizon. Wow when in 4g coverage area it is faster than my home broadband service. So far so good.

Thanks everyone! Keep the input coming! I really love my Iphone but am sick of paying out of the ACE for the monthly fees!

So what phones and packages are people using and at what cost. My wifes contract w/ att is up next month(83 bucks for 900 min and 1000 text) this seems high. She wants a smart phone but can you get them w/ out the internet plan and use wifi from the house router for free. Im not up on all this technology some if someone can explain it i would appreciate it. Thanks.