Craziest day in my life.

DarthBuick

I Win even in your dreams.
Yesterday started like a normal day. Get up and go through routine of getting a 12 year old and 15 year old ready for school. They attend two different schools son is in a 1st-6th grade elementary school and daughter goes to another High school. Ten minutes before time to leave My 72 year old mother calls and tells me she won 1 million dollars in the Powerball lottery. She has never played before and she played power play and really won two million. She said she had the 5 numbers but not the powerball. We talked a few minutes listening to her telling me she wanted me and my brother to split it as long as we helped her out. I freaked and told her I would be over as soon as I dropped my son off at school. My wife drops my 15 year old daughter off at her school.
As I left my sons school I received a call telling me my wife and daughter was in a wreck. The guy said a car hit them head on and to get there quick. All the money dream bubbles I was thinking about popped as I drove to the scene. The wreck wasn't that bad. No serious injuries. The other driver went into their lane but was not going that fast. The other driver said he just fell asleep after working two shifts. Daughter is fine and my wife is sore but will be OK but it was a hell of a scary drive to the scene. At no time during this did I even think about the money
OK back to the lottery winnings. So after the vehicles were towed and wife left hospital I went to my mothers house to get the lottery ticket and it looked legit from what i remembered from the TV numbers. I finally got to check it out and she was wrong. She only matched 4 numbers she had a 6 instead of 8 She got the numbers from a friend of hers because she does not have internet. She matched 4 numbers so she got 100 bucks plus power play so that makes 200 dollar payout. Was I disappointed? Yes, But after the fear I felt driving to the accident scene. The money means less to me today than it did yesterday. I am just glad for family. My poor mother is still heartbroken. I think it was the first and last time she will play it. To top it off a friends relative in missing in a US Marine helicopter accident in Hawaii today.

Wow!! Too much for one day! I am glad your family is fine. Anything can change in a split second. Oh, and tell your mom that its not april fools. Lol.

A quote from my old man: " Family is *everything* " . I could not agree more and thank God yours is ok.