Intresting power loss

JayLashua

in my '87 GN, at WOT the car is fine, the boost is only set to 10 psi right now.. at part throttle up around 3k rpm you can start to feel it lose power and almost start sptutering..

the coil i am using has checked good with my meter at least..it ran good in my other gn..

I just put MSD super conductor 8 mm wires on and brand new CR43TS plugs in it, hoping that would solve the problem. if not, what else could cause that? I have a TE 62 turbo, 868's (JL 868 93 octane chip in it) and the stock intercooler/downpipe/hollow cat/stock exhaust. K&N filter

the other plugs were autolite 25's - they looked good, not too lean or not too rich.

welp i'm no genius buti'd have to say its probally cause that turbo was never meant to be run at 10 psi, its probally to rich for such low boost. it could be a host of other stuff though.

Originally posted by JayLashua
in my '87 GN, at WOT the car is fine, the boost is only set to 10 psi right now.. at part throttle up around 3k rpm you can start to feel it lose power and almost start sptutering..

the coil i am using has checked good with my meter at least..it ran good in my other gn..

I just put MSD super conductor 8 mm wires on and brand new CR43TS plugs in it, hoping that would solve the problem. if not, what else could cause that? I have a TE 62 turbo, 868's (JL 868 93 octane chip in it) and the stock intercooler/downpipe/hollow cat/stock exhaust. K&N filter

the other plugs were autolite 25's - they looked good, not too lean or not too rich.

Ummmm, here's a quote you made in the Micro Tec MAF thread:

"PILE OF ****. but it works ok on my hotair car.. the '87 would barely run with this maf on it, I remedied it by installing my hotair sensor.. contrary to popular beleif the hotair sensors are just fine.. they add fuel to the map though cause of their different calibration.. which is not necessarily a bad thing.."

Might I suggest you get all the correct parts on your car and get them tuned to the setup and start from there ;)

Hot Air MAF on an 87 GN :confused:

Well now now that hotair maf works in my hotair just fine with a '87 ecm and chip (not calibrated for the '84 maf, ive tried that, it sucks a ball) - it does make the mixture richer, but ive been there with my hotair, and i havent seen any black puffs of smoke.. the hotair with the FP up too high, at 5 PSI of boost would sputter hideiously and blow black clouds like a diesel... i couldnt even got WOT..

now under WOT the thing seems fine no sputtering .. the turbo can run at any boost..if anything its goign to pump more air at 10 psi than the stock turbo ever did at 15.. i dont want to overkill on the boost since the FP isnt changed yet, and i only have 868 injectors.