intrepid fans question

1984 t-type

Murphy's Law
Im looking to upgrade from my stock fan to dual fans and see that the intrepid fans are a popular choice ( I have bought expensive aftermarket dual fan setups before and wont go that route again ) just wondering why use these over f body fans, what year fan to go with, and how do you guys mount them up, pics would be nice. thanks

Honestly just a waste of money in my opinion. Think I spent close to $300 for my first and last one from summit on my big block Camaro, since then I have put electric fans on over 10 cars and all of those have been either new or used factory units and they work just as good. We usually pick them up for under $50 at the junk yard

the reason to use the intrepid over the F is the intrepid is flatter and even then the fan motor can be close for slic shroud and fmic pipes ,a fan setup with taller motors just wouldnt fit

I converted my stock fan over to the dual kirban setup with the wiring set up. Pretty much plug and play with the harness. The fans both run for about half the time the stock did and works well with my precision intercooler set up. The biggest install issue is you will have to make some hold down brackets to mount the setup in the stock fan position. I did it primarily due to my fan was feeling gritty when I spun it and I do not trust a nearly 30 year old fan. The a/c also seems cooler due to dual fans cover more of the radiator as compared to stock. Remember--heat, too much of it on a turbo car kills power.

Intrepids move over 3000 cfm, compared to the stock 1700-1800 cfm..

I am planning on this modification also, just have to locate the fans at the local pic a part.

Most drill a hole through the fiberglass of the fans and use the brackets from the original radiator plate (circled in red).
dual fans.JPG

Then us these to secure the bottom portion of the fan assembly:
mount.jpg

Also notice your plugs will be on the driver's side unlike mine as I am running a different setup than most.

I am not using the ecm to control my fans. I use a switch mounted in the ash tray. The intrepid fans connection is already located on the driver side. It is really close to Plug and play for you guys runniong a stock location wiring harness. I thionk you will need the adaptor from Caspers.

I like using those too. The newer style 1999-up are a more modern look and wiring is the same. These here are universal type-I have them prewired for dual speed using relays sonits stand alone but if you have 2 ground triggers from the ECM that works too. Look for the later model Stratuses.

Attachments

• IMG_20150321_125557_607.jpg
    IMG_20150321_125557_607.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 647
We sell the intrpid dual fan set up brand new also have the caspers plug and play harness he made years ago for that popular fan set up. Granted junk yard fan set up is cheaper but on the intriped it looks like a lot of work to even get to the fan set up in those cars.

Company that owns Pypes exhaust is working on having a new aluminum radiator for these cars as well. As someone state "heat" is a power killer...

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Oh yea Dennis, its not fun getting them out of the intrepid!!