Intermittent Checking Engine Light correlating with Radio and Air Con Power

V6Turbo

Hi Folks,

While driving, > 30 MPH my Check Engine light would come on for a second and go away. Intermittency is now more frequent and noticed the check engine light would coincide with my Radio and AC losing power as well. I think my scan master would also not work.

In addition, I just installed a translator plus about a month ago. Not sure is this is causing the problem.

Anybody experience this before and provide insight to a solution?

Thanks in advance.

Virgil

Hi Folks,

Think I found the problem. One of the PVC fittings to my K&N air filter completely not connected. Possibly sucking in debris intermittently and choking the engine.

Gremlin has not come back yet. Keep you posted.

Hi Folks,

Issue came back. same sympstom. Check Engine light comes on, radio, HVAC lights, Scanmaster blanks out. Engine would stall but can recover (for the most part) when I press the gas.

No issue with Air Filter connections.

I am thinking the translator plus is the cause as it is the only recent change.

Any thoughts?

Thx,

Seems to me as quite a few systems are loosing electrical power. Check battery cables and make sure fuses are snug in their sockets. Over time some fuses won't snap into place due to a variety of crazy people shoving stuff in there.

Make sure you are using the right length bolts on the battery cables so the cables are tight.. If using regular bolts with nuts, go get the proper battery cable bolts from parts store.

Last edited:
Make sure you are using the right length bolts on the battery cables so the cables are tight.. If using regular bolts with nuts, go get the proper battery cable bolts from parts store.
I did notice that the positive terminal was a bit loose. It is an extended bolt with spacer to accommodate the amp wire.

Before tightening it, I tapped all the connectors (battery terminals, mags, mat, ECU, ac, that could affect this. Cannot duplicate the issue.

Also, no loose wires touching the downpipe.

Tightened the battery terminal. Drove it around a couple of times and not having the issue.

Will drive it to work the whole week and keep you posted.

Thanks again.