Interest in LED replacement bulbs?

TURBOV6

"SECRET PARTS"
Staff member
I am trying to get a source on auto LED replacement bulbs. This will replace all the exterior lighting on our cars.

Anyone tried it and your experience with it?

Attachments

• 115x-x12.jpg
    115x-x12.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 179
Keep in mind that a different relay will be needed to run the turn lamps as they will flash in a manor most likely to cause convulsions in the traffic behind you.

So you're supposed to use red LEDs in a taillamp and amber in the front? Says the color of bulb must match the lens or will not perform properly.

So you're supposed to use red LEDs in a taillamp and amber in the front? Says the color of bulb must match the lens or will not perform properly.

I think if you use white or red in the taillamps it won't matter because the tailamp is already red.

I think if you use white or red in the taillamps it won't matter because the tailamp is already red.
It's more efficient for the LED to match color of lens.

A red LED puts all it's output energy into the red portion of spectrum ... red lens allows red to pass thru and blocks other colors (of which there aren't any in a red LED).

A white LED has only a fraction of its energy in the red , the rest is green & blue (red+green+blue light = white to the eye)... thus a red lens blocks some of the white LED's energy output.

All else being equal, a red LED should look brighter than a white LED, when both are viewed thru a red lens.

Seems like a cool idea but I don't trust anything electronic from China...