Intercooler

1QUIK6

Just wondering what kind of gain I would be looking at on a high 11 sec. GN, with an aftermarket stock location intercooler? There seems to be several to choose from- CAS, Cotton's, Mease, Thunder Fab., etc. Currently I have a CPT-60 w/stock intercooler. There was a test that came out and compared these intercoolers, are the test results available online?

You should see about .2-.3 tenth gain and about 2-3 mph pick up in trap speed. So around 20-30 hsp. IF you go to front mount, add an additional 5-10 hsp.

Your results may vary, as there is a wide varity of opinions on this subject.:p

So out of all the above mentioned stock mount intercoolers, which intercooler outperforms the others or are they all pretty much equal in perfomance gained?

From what I have read it seems to be the V4R that does the best job.I think:D

I would stick with a stock location considering the weather your in and the V4 or V4r are great IC's. I chose CAS due to them using the extrude tube cores. But I warn you, they are not easy to come by through CAS. I would consider getting one from a vendor of CAS. In my opinion, Mease and CAS are having the same time issues and I do not know of any other stock location fabricator who makes the IC with a NEW core aside from them.

If you go fmic, expect to get at least the dual ramchargers fans.

You will also see a better spool up with the stock location.