InterCooler

I'll defer to the real tranny gurus for this more-detailed comparision/ recommendation. I was seemingly recalling some prior discussion/ postings--and could be off-base.

In the meantime, perhaps you could do a Search on the topic... Monte

Yea...Im not up to the tranny yet but I will be soon, I am just gathering as many parts as I can right now.
Thanks

If you don't want to run a reducer on the MAF you can always install a 3" MAF in the intercooler piping. Of course, you will have to cut the intercooler pipe, but it will make installing the IC pipes easier because it will flex. This means the MAF is after the turbo. Bruce recommended this and I tried it on one of my cars and it ran way better, with much less tip in hesitation.

Improve, probably
Add more HP, probably not

Putting the MAF on the discharge side of the turbo mostly improved throttle responce and smoothness, I don't remember anything about it producing more power. Also about your desire for no steps transitions, Bruce recommended actually running the pipe slightly smaller than the MAF and using transistions. His logic was the "stuff" inside the MAF takes up space and you'd get minimum disruption to the airflow by actually having the MAF be slightly larger than the pipe. These new caseless MAF pipes however probably work just as well and Mike Licht doesn't make bad stuff.

Ok so your saying do the MAF sensor after the turbo and use a smaller maf pipe?

No. Leave the MAF pipe alone. Get a MAF pipe of whatever size you want. Usually match it up to the turbo inlet size. I have a 4" inlet and a 4" MAF pipe.

He's talking about having a smaller IC pipe before the MAF. Correct me if I'm wrong CTX-SLPR. However, many people run 3" MAFs with 3" IC pipes and IMO it works great that way. Throttle response is much more crisp. Are a running a MAF translator already? If not, you could always go with a MAF pro and completely eliminate the MAF. I did and my car runs better than it ever has.

Yea my turbo inlet size is 4' so I am going to go with a 4' maf pipe, and 3' IC pipes because I heard that is was crisp too with that setup.
Now what is this maf pro?

yes the whole nine yards, i have no idea what is in the car but im sure whatever it is, its garbage and needs to be replaced with better performance parts.
Hey im a beginner myself and to you i say measure 10 times and cut once figure out what your car actually has and study combinations this forum has a ton of good knowledgeable people and info dont just buy and throw parts and $$$ at your car or you will end up pissed and not liking your car very much i cant tell you how many people i know gave up on their gns cause they spent a ton of $$$ and still went slow i raced a guy like that once and my car is pretty much stock i havent even touched the wastegate..i ended up beating him by 1 1/2 cars and he had upgraded turbo,dp ,exhaust injectors no heater box etc etc..Another guy i met at a track in tulsa oklahoma last year lost and got runner up for king of the street at their midnight drags cause he had too much air in his slicks 30 psi:eek: i told him to air them down and he looked at me like i didnt know what i was talkin about finally after some convincing he did and dropped from a 12.70 to an 11.20:eek: (if memory serves me right) lol just from an air pressure change and icing down the intercooler !!!!! Just my .02 dont wanna see you beat ur head against the wall :mad: ;)

Thanks man I appreciate, and yes this site does have alot of guys that are veryhelpful. I am learning everything about these cars because I do love them. My best friend has been working on them forever and is helping me out (luckily) and he went through my car and gave me about a 4 page list of where to start, what to do and everything. It just sucks in this economy to purchase new parts and pay for everything else I need to live, and yes to me My GN I need to live, and Im sure there is other guys on this site that feel that way too!!!;)