InterCooler

noneed4nos

KWICK 6
Well since i am going to be purchasing the new 6765 Dbb turbo with the H cover which means 4' in and 3' out. I need a new front mount intercooler, but i do not want any collars like going from a 3' in to 4' into the turbo. Is there any good intercoolers you guys suggest for me that are 4' right into the turbo, pipes and everything?
Thanks

Well since i am going to be purchasing the new 6765 Dbb turbo with the H cover which means 4' in and 3' out. I need a new front mount intercooler, but i do not want any collars like going from a 3' in to 4' into the turbo. Is there any good intercoolers you guys suggest for me that are 4' right into the turbo, pipes and everything?
Thanks

The intercooler goes after the turbo, which is the 3" out. Are you talking about a cold air intake?

Sorry guys wording that totally wrong and missed some words also. Im looking for a good 4' either cold air intake or ram air, which one is better? And yes a 3' intercooler that is good? I want no collers or downsizers/upsizers. Just all straight fitting pipes:biggrin:

Fergit the Ram-Air, go with the Mark Hoeffman CAI kit (if you must have such), but you're going to have to go "mafless" w/o any reducers allowed in inlet as 3.5" LS1 MAF sensor is largest I'm aware of...:confused:

You need check with Mike Licht at FullThrottle for your 4" pipe with a built-in MAF sensor (so, it's not truly mafless in that case...).

Ok i will thanks
is their any other maf pipe that anyone knows of? 4' pipe with a 4' maf sensor?
also good 3' intercooler and dp?

The Full Throttle one is the only 4inch option out there, unless you go mafless as has been said. Although last time I was on their site I couldn't find it anymore!

Another thought for you--what are you going to do for 3" IC outlet pipe connection to throttle body (typically <3"?) w/o a transition piece?

Yes i will be using a 3' in IC pipe to the throttle body w/o connector

and I plan on trying to be mid 10's/ low 11's.

Not sure yet, I purchased the car and the mods on the car were from 1995 so it is all out dated. If I had to assume I would think around 12's. I want in mid 10's/11's

yes the whole nine yards, i have no idea what is in the car but im sure whatever it is, its garbage and needs to be replaced with better performance parts.

yes the whole nine yards, i have no idea what is in the car but im sure whatever it is, its garbage and needs to be replaced with better performance parts.

You'll likely need add converter + "built tranny", etc. to your ever-growing list of stuff needed to achieve your goal...

Well my best friend has been working on Gn's for 25 years and he went through my car and said i have a upgraded converter and should be ok, I will probably take the torque converter out and and get it checked out by pro torque and possibly buy a new one. My tranny is good, I might just beef it up a little thats if I dont go to a 400R. And yes My list just keeps multplying haha:eek:

Seems like there's several bits in my memory-bank that indicate a 400R is NOT particularly beefier than a 200-4R...:confused: