Intake manifold installed backwards

TRiv

Can the 86-7 intake manifold be installed backwards without any water flow/ cooling problem? Other than the air distribution being in opposite order of normal to each cylinder, there should be no other concerns? The injecters would be wired in normal order of course. This is a custom engine install to a TH325-4L (Riviera version TH200R4) transmission as a mid engine, the whole assembly is backwards in car (100% weight forward of rear wheels)with differential 180* rotated, with the intake backwards it "looks" normal, keeps intercooler plumbing shorter, and more rear deck/hatch clearance.

Anyway, if the intake water crossover is ok at back of engine this would work, only other option, machine an adaptor plate to rotate doghouse? would rather do the intake.

I don't see any reason the coolant crossover cant be at the "rear" of the engine instead of the front. Just my .02

No Fiero, though has roof, windshield, front firewall/cowl, door frames/glass/posts from a Geo Storm, all tube frame, double A-arm suspension,and the Buick V6. Looks similar to one of "those" foreign sports cars with lots of aerostuff underneath, not a kit nor will be, just a fun driving platform for the turbo Buick engine. I will have to take some pics next week and post.

Thanks, the first thread was helpfull, as for FWD intake, would that be from same era v6 (non turbo)as found in Lesabres,etc.? looks kind of like the 86-7 in reverse?

Kinda. the NA SFI FWD intake isn't much different from the 86-87. The only diff is that the top doesn't come off but you could change that if you want. I've got 1 btw if you want some pics. Might take me a day or 2 but I could post them if you want.