Insurance question

"Turbo-T"

V6 on steroids
Thought I'd ask here as I'm sure someone else has been in this boat before...

If you have your car appraised, does the insurance company still have to revert to whatever their book says the car is worth? Or can they honor whatever the appraiser says it's worth?

If so have any of you had your TR appraised and then went with typical insurance, so the car could be driven daily w/o any headaches from the insurance co. if you needed to file a claim?

if you have a nice car that u value, u should get an AGREED VALUE POLICY, WITH AN APPRAISAL FROM A QAULIFIED PERSON THAT YOUR INSURANCE COMPANY APPROVES OF. so if like mine it appraises at 30k and it dissapears or gets wrecked, you have something in writing or they will DEPRECIATE ITS VALUE AND SCREW YOU. MAKE SURE APPRAISER GIVES WRITTEN INFO ON ALL POINTS OF VALUE AND LOTS OF PICS OR GET ONE THAT WILL. check rates all over too, they may vary alot. my insurance is 540 every 6 months, for 30,000 appraised value, i get penalized for the turbo and performance aspect of the car but its worth it to me, rob

My policy allows me 6k mi a year,full coverage, valued at $15k, it cost me $225 for the year, granted that will go up a little once I get her on the road and up the value a little just in case something did happen ill get whatever the value is set at. It also depends on how many miles you choose and its not antique or classic insurance...Mike

My policy allows me 6k mi a year,full coverage, valued at $15k, it cost me $225 for the year, granted that will go up a little once I get her on the road and up the value a little just in case something did happen ill get whatever the value is set at. It also depends on how many miles you choose and its not antique or classic insurance...Mike

does anybody know with classic insurance in NY you dont need cat convertor leghally/// dump pipe /inspection good?

darth.jpgspelling fail

Thought I'd ask here as I'm sure someone else has been in this boat before...

If you have your car appraised, does the insurance company still have to revert to whatever their book says the car is worth? Or can they honor whatever the appraiser says it's worth?

If so have any of you had your TR appraised and then went with typical insurance, so the car could be driven daily w/o any headaches from the insurance co. if you needed to file a claim?

The appraisal means little without a agreed value policy........
I pay $500-550 per yr. for 35k agreed value. Hagardy is a little more strict on there driving policy then Grundy.

The appraisal means little without a agreed value policy........

I appreciate it....though I was thinking if I had an appraisal, maybe there was a chance the insurance co. would use it as a starting point as to the vehicles value...guess not.

I have agreed value through American Collectors- no appraisal was required. Both cars valued at $22k $500 every 6 months for the pair. Need locked garage, 2500 miles a year limit IIRC, (ie: can't use as a dd)

Thanks. The issue is it just sits all the time because I can't use it as a DD. The agreed on policy stipulation I currently have dictates I can only drive it to parades, car shows and occasional cruise.

I live out in the country. All the car shows are 40 miles from me so I seldom go. Sometimes I'll just run it around the country just to blow the cobwebs out of it, but that only happens once in a while when I can find the time.

I'm beginning to lose interest in the car. I thought driving it more often would rejuvenate some interest. It's not a show car, it's a well used (225k) driver. But at the same time I don't want to lose my ass on it if I had to file a claim.

Call hagerty insuance 200 bucks a year full coverage agreed value must have a locked garge they never check milage and overall just a good company to deal with you can look them up online

Call hagerty insuance 200 bucks a year full coverage agreed value must have a locked garge they never check milage and overall just a good company to deal with you can look them up online

Having worked for an insurance company, and dealt with many insurance companies and claims for customers, there is one thing you must be aware of, and that is each state has specific rules/laws of how a claim is processed and handled.

In Arizona, and many other states, the insurance is required to make you "whole" again, but is NOT required to make you better than before your loss.

One of my clients had an accident, not his fault, and a national classic insurer would not pay the agreed value as the GN had a record of prior damage, but would fix the car. The repairs were less than 1/2 agreed value, but it would be in the condition as before the accident.

With a stolen or totaled vehicle, the situation is very much the same. You will NOT be reimbursed $25K if they can locate a comparable vehicle for less.

Here in Arizona, you can take the company to arbitration, but you will have to prove your asked-for value to a mediator if it cannot be settled by negotiation.

allstate also has agreed value policy. don't know how much it is though. I need to get mine bumped up since its almost done.