Installing a new turbo

Yep just got home it is exactly like that and i got it to adjust. 30 was the highest i could achieve i realized there was a leak out of one of the injectors. Going to order some new packings(o rings) and re do this. Lol that was a wasted day ;)

Found the leak it appears one of the orings was causing it to leak i guess it got rolled up in there or something, who knows.

Last edited:
Going to go buy a whole new set of orings today to be safe, should install fairly quickly this time around. Will keep the thread updated.

Going to go buy a whole new set of orings today to be safe, should install fairly quickly this time around. Will keep the thread updated.

Just a thought. Make sure you check and account for all the old "o" rings. I had one stuck up inside the fuel rail. Also be sure to lube the new ones before assembling. Vaseline works great. If you are having a problem getting things to go back together there is probably something wrong. Take ur time. Have patience.

I checked that because i thought one was stuck in because the injector wasnt seating at all. Im going to recheck that just to double check. Yea i had to take a few breaks yesterday to stop being so frustrated. Im going to start fresh again today, and hopefully end with some non leaking injectors so i can move to the turbo.

Im assuming a leak would prevent pressure to rise to the 40s with the vacuum line off? Just want to make sure im not stumbling into something else before i begin.

No fuel leak is acceptable imop. If you cannot adjust the FP up to the psi needed pump may be bad.

I agree with that any type of fuel leak scares me lol. Im going to fix the leak and see how the adjustment goes then.

th

When you put it back together, prime the pump with the key on. That should tell you if you have a leak or not. And I like the o-rings from GM. They seem sturdier and hold up better. I usually seat all the injectors and rail before putting the bolts halfway in. A rubber mallet and a extension will help with this.

And check the o rings on the fuel lines as well, they can leak too. Cheap to replace as well.

Just wait till you put the oil drain back on the turbo.. the cuss word's will be flying, much easier to thread stud's in the turbo and use nut's, i would also replace that wastegate solenoid hose.

Just wait till you put the oil drain back on the turbo.. the cuss word's will be flying, much easier to thread stud's in the turbo and use nut's, i would also replace that wastegate solenoid hose.

That oil drain tube is a mother fudger!!! Buy extra just in case you need to replace it.

Replacing the oil feed line is also recommended with any turbo change. Especially if you still have the original one on there.