Installed new heads, no oil getting to rockers

Check your pushrods to make sure you still have preload on them and that your rocker shafts are secure.

Ok i will check that when i go back to the garage. Would the pushrods be loose if i didnt have preload on them? I just got done trying to prime it and my drills batteries died quick. Anyways after 4-5min of full blast drilling, i did finally get oil to the middle two rockers but never saw any coming from the back or front ones. My drill died shortly after so im hoping with a few more mins i will get oil coming out of them all.

I went back out and drilled for another 2-3 mins and got oil from all rockers. I reinstalled the cam sensor and crunk it up with the valve cover off. There was no oil coming out at first but after a minute or two of running all of them had oil coming out. But the clacking noise is still there. What should my next step be guys?

sounds like you have some air bubbles in the lifters. If you have oil pressure and the clacking isn't that bad, I'd drive it and see if it shuts up.

sounds like you have some air bubbles in the lifters. If you have oil pressure and the clacking isn't that bad, I'd drive it and see if it shuts up.

I will try that tomorrow, the clacking is pretty damn bad though. Sounds very similar to this just a tad faster...

I will try that tomorrow, the clacking is pretty damn bad though. Sounds very similar to this just a tad faster...

Well bud if you say it's "pretty damn bad" don't continue to run the car. If I were you, I would take the intake back off, so you can inspect your lifters and peek at your cam lobes

If you didnt remove your lifters when you changed your heads i would try and check and reset all your preloads. It could be you changed it if you replaced a diffrent size head gasket resulting the lifters loosing oil through the extra clearance of the pushrod and lifter.

Do you know what is the compressed gasket size? You could have decreased your pushrod preload by using a bigger gasket. If you can you should check your preload with a pushrods length checker. If pre load comes back good the only thing left would be your lifters. I know I had to get rid of my 853 comp lifters because they sound like crap. I purchased Morels and it works great now.

You can get the pushrod length checking tool from Full Throttle, Summit, etc.

I cant remember which felpro head gasket it was exactly but it was the same gaskets that i took off, but im not sure if the heads i got from champion were decked or not. But anyways i think the motor is toast guys. I got the car started up after priming the oiling system and got oil to the top of the heads very quickly and after it ran for a minute or so i started to see what looks like copper flakes in the oil that was leaving the head. I believe that i was getting oil to the heads this whole time and just didnt realize how little oil acually flows through them. So im thinking something else went wrong here, maybe because of the added new power.

You're right. There's very little oil going to the heads, it's not like a fountain. A few weeks ago I had my PS cover off and ran the engine at fast idle for almost a minute. Very little oil made it to the headers and DP.

That copper on the other hand is not good. There is no copper in the heads, lifters, or pushrods. :(

Did you flush out all the antifreeze so all that was left was tap water before pulling the intake and heads?

No i didnt flush the antifreeze out, i had just been running water in it for as long as i could remember. But earlier this year i had a torque convertor go bad and it took out the trans and also my main bearings (i was told that it put to much foward pressure on the thrust bearing?). So i rebuilt the trans and pulled the oil pan and replaced the bearings before they got to bad and messed up the crank. So i was hoping that would work, but i guess it didnt...