Injectors

what do you currently have your FP set at?

check for places for the car to be sucking in air? possible vacuum leak?

could be a misadjusted Maf translator if you run one.

he says he uses turbolink?
does turbo link show much data with the 84/85 ecm
im not familiar with it
or does that require the 86 ecm upgrade?
he never mentioned it in his post.

also if adding a new chip to your ECM Make sure to reset your ecm by unplugging that orange wire coming off the battery for 5 seconds. plug it back in, then start the Car.

A bigger injector just means it can flow higher volumes of fuel if needed.

If the chip is burnt properly for your car, you shouldnt be able to tell you even have 37# injectors...

The benefity of the 37s is when your car is pushing soo much air, that it needs more the 28#s of fuel, those injectors will be able to supply your car with up to 37lbs of fuel. to prevent the engine from going lean..

it just means those injectors have the physical capabilities to flow more fuel. it doesnt mean that they are throwing 9 more pounds of fuel in , all the time

i hope some of my babbling makes sense lol

yes it does i thought the same thing thats why i could understand why he was saying 36 pounds was too much

Originally posted by xxninja
he says he uses turbolink?
does turbo link show much data with the 84/85 ecm
im not familiar with it
or does that require the 86 ecm upgrade?
he never mentioned it in his post.

also if adding a new chip to your ECM Make sure to reset your ecm by unplugging that orange wire coming off the battery for 5 seconds. plug it back in, then start the Car.

A bigger injector just means it can flow higher volumes of fuel if needed.

If the chip is burnt properly for your car, you shouldnt be able to tell you even have 37# injectors...

The benefity of the 37s is when your car is pushing soo much air, that it needs more the 28#s of fuel, those injectors will be able to supply your car with up to 37lbs of fuel. to prevent the engine from going lean..

it just means those injectors have the physical capabilities to flow more fuel. it doesnt mean that they are throwing 9 more pounds of fuel in , all the time

i hope some of my babbling makes sense lol
\

Turbolink does show a lot of data and you don't have to change ecm. I am confused now......are my 42.5lb injectors to much?

the 42.5s are not too big for your car.
as long as the chip is made for a hot-air using 42.5 injectors.

set your fuel pressure for 36-38 psi with the rubber hose off of the regulator
also know as "static" fuel pressure.

which regulator do you use? adjustable? stock 233 regulator? or the 237 t/ta regulator?

ok so you use turbolink?
so why not give us some values then......

whats your BLM @ idle
whats your maf @ idle ?
whats your IAC and TPS @ idle?

Give us some values, so we can give you some actual ideas on why your cars running that way, instead of just throwing guesses out..........

I agree. 009s will work with any combo from stock to modified as long as the chip is made for them. If you're running the 84 MAF with the 87 ECM it will run a little rich at anything above idle. If it's running on the calpack it will run rich since it's only calibrated for stock injectors.

I just did a search on "calpack" and this thread came up. It sounds like I am having the same problem with my 42.5# injectors. They are brand new with a brand new AFPR. I just posted a thread on my problem called "WTF??", you can go to that thread and read about what is going on with my car. The last reply said "if its running on the calpack it will be rich", when does the car run on the calpack? Any help or insight with my problem in the other thread would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Eric