Injectors...clean or replace?

87MUSL

I have what I believe are leaking injectors (green stripe) and am contemplating on having them cleaned and "balanced" vs. replacing them with new injectors (i.e. 009's, etc). Has anyone used this approach? Is balancing of injectors really necessary or worth the $$. I can get my existing green stripes rebuilt for $150 or so compared to $300 for new injectors. Any thoughts/comments are appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help.

Take into consideration what you want to use your car for. If you want to run a certain number at the track make sure the injectors you have will support the number you want to run. If your sticking with stock stuff then I would just have your current injectors cleaned and flowed.

Just my opinion:)

I would just buy bigger ones, if you want to stay close to stock there are a bunch of bluetops(36lbers) in the for sale section going for the same price it would cost to have yours cleaned. You can run low 12's with them and dip into the elevens if you tune right, all you have to do is get a chip that is burned for them and most of the bluetops that are for sale have chips included. I bought my bluetops used off this board among other things and have never had a problem. HTH