Re: Green Stripe injectors

bwallace

Got a set of used Green Stripe injectors to replace my stock (187k) orginal injectors. I am going to have them cleaned and flowed but was wondering how many miles these injectors will last when new and is there anything I should look for on the injectors that would indicate a problem. I don't know much about injectors in general and didn't pay a whole lot for them but don't want to take the time an energy to install them if there might be a potential problem. Here are the numbers off the injectors D1720AA, 5207009, 3582. Any info. is appreciated.

Hi,
I run green stripes and they should last a long time...100K miles plus. There are 2 brands, but they are similar. Tomco and Lucas. I have the Lucas injectors. I have about 15K miles on mine.
Make sure they all actuate. Find someone that has an injector tester or you can bring them to be cleaned and flowed. Most places charge about $10 an injector and when it is all said and done, it might be easier to buy greens stripes new.
Hope I helped.
James

Thanks James that does help I am going to have them Tested,Flowed and cleaned next week. According to the injector parts numbers they are Lucas injectors. Thanks for the info!!