Incorrect Translator plus setting?

mikec1969

Just installed a new TT chip and after checking all the settings I realized the previous owner has the MAF translator base set to 3. This is for a 3" sensor. My car has a 3.5" MAF. Any ideas?

Lots of guys find their car runs better that way. If the BLM is in line don't sweat it
Mike

Well that's just it the BLM are 150 and Eric @ TT and I are trying to figure out why. Could that be the culprit? Thanks.

Pull the power wire to the computer for awhile, and then plug it back in and warm the engine up. Once the engine warms up and hit closed loop, watch the BLM's. If there is any old memory in there left from another set of mods or adjustments, you'll be battling with those BLM's and wont be able to figure out why. I noticed that on mine, I couldnt just switch back and forth between 3" or 3.5" settings on the translator and expect the computer to adjust. Erase the memory, change the translator setting, and then warm it up and drive a little bit and watch what happens. I have a 3.5" MAF, but I have to have the setting at 3". And switching to a different MAF setting without erasing the memory first didnt work. My BLMs were way off no matter what setting it was on if I didnt erase it first. The computer needs a blank slate to work with every time you make a change anywhere, if you want it right. Some may say this is wrong, but its what had to be done on my car to work.

Many chip guys like to play with the MAF tables and creat more problems than they fix. Which is why some folks (not all) need to run "odd" settings. Since Eric is not in this group and his stuff is usually spot on I would recommend you use the settings we recommend and work from there
Mike