in da 10s on 93

fnsikser

sentramental 4eva
just got back from a very hectic street night at new england dragway...went up trying to better my time before the season ends...well 1st pass off the trailer with the new 28s on it the sucka went...10.91@123
1st pass was @25 psi leaving on a 2-3 psi launch off the foot brake..
60' 1.56
330' 4.500
1/8 6.967
mph 99.66
1000' 9.096
1/4 10.91
mph 123.61
2nd pass,i heated up the tires a little longer since it was getting very cold out...not a good idea tonight....about 5 feet out of the hole the driveshaft snapped off at the yoke and ripped my kirban drive shaft safety loop right out of the floor and continued to come thru my floor....it scared the crap out of me since it came thru my center console and made my int look like a war zone....i still can not find my shifter knob and the console is in about 40 pieces.....i'm just glad to have the loop there to slow it down a little bit at least....i guess i got to find a new console,drive shaft,and safety loop..it could have been alot worse i guess....sorry for the long story but i had to vent.....

Sorry to hear that but I got something that will make you feel alot better.My last run at norwalk buick day I had a broken center cap and the crank broke in 3 parts and busted new tranny,converter and broke the block:eek: .Good luck getting your car back together.Hope this help!

you should of heard the noise and the sparks in the stands :eek: car looked good :cool: oh were you selling the interior that was on your trailer ?? :p I have some driveshafts here.. were you running a stocker?? Melissa will be upgrading to 1350 joints and a little bigger driveshaft this winter. She will have a 3" alum one for sale :cool:

thanks guys,i found a stock driveshaft locally..i was using a stocker driveshaft...i have a non lockup conv...i just test drove the t and it was shifting a little late..i figured i might of knocked the tv cable out of adjustmant while the drivetrain was dancing around...did a little adjustmant and it's shifting nice now...so it turned out to be an easy fix....anyone selling a grey console and complete shifter handle....i still can not find the shifter handle...:eek: